I Had Breast Augmentation 3 Weeks Ago and Pus is Coming out One Breast

My doctor prescribe two antibiotics the breast that has pus coming out it has not drop and is a little swollen my implants are saline

Pus and Breast Augmentation

+1

If there is true pus draining from the breast, I would take the implant out if there is increased pain, redness, and swelling.

Overt infection of a breast implant usually requires removal with delayed replacement.

+1

If you have pus coming out of the wound, you probably have an infection and would be best served by the implant being removed, the infection treated, and replacement no earlier than 3 months or longer.

Infection and Breast Augmentation

+1

If you have pus draining from your implant and you have failed two rounds antibiotics the implant MUST come out!  I would recommend that happening sooner rather than later!! Once the implant is out a waiting period of 3 months is recommended.  If everything heals well the you can revisit breast augmentation again.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Pus and breast augmentation

+1

Pus and breast augmentation are not a good mix. Withotu knowing exactly what is going on it is hard to comment. If it is a superficial issue from the skin oly, it may go on to heal. If it is deeper, then the implant most likley will have to come out.  Keep in close contact with your surgeon.

Infected breast implants

+1

This is a serious situation and as others have mentioned you need to see your PS straight away. Pus around the implants will also give systemic symptoms such as sweats, fever, feeling unwell etc. in most cases the implant needs to be removed for a period of time to let the infection settle down.

Richard Rahdon, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Infection after Breast Augmentation

+1

Hello,  stay  close to your PS,  and follow he's/her's recommendations.Sometimes it is not quite clear if the infection is superficial  or the deep tissues around the implant  are involved . By monitoring your breast your PS will decide the next step. Hope this resolves soon, just with the antibiotic therapy. 

Ricardo Vega, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Infection

+1

These types of problems that are acute should be addressed by your surgeon not on line. It cannot be diagnosed without an exam. As stated, if it is superficial then the antibiotics can be of help but if it is around your implant this is serious and you need to be seen by your surgeon.

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Your implant may need to be removed

+1

Your surgeon will need to determine if this is a superficial wound problem or deeper infection of the breast implant. If it is an implant infection, trying to save the implant is futile and can cause severe tissue destruction of the breast. If that is the case, the implant needs to be removed, the infection cured and the implant can be replaced usually no sooner than 6 months.

John Squires, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Pus is Coming out One Breast

+1

What you describe could be an implant infection. Smetimes this problem can be addressed by antibiotics, but sometimes the infection cannot be resolved unless the implant is removed. That diagnosis can only be made by an examining surgeon. You will need to stay in close touch with your surgeon. Without doing an physical exam I can't make any recommendations, other than to follow up closely with your surgeon.

Thanks for your question, best wishes. 

Concerns after Breast Augmentation?

+1

I am sorry to hear about the complication you have experienced after breast augmentation surgery. Unfortunately,  on line consultants really cannot do you justice;  making a diagnosis (or treatment recommendations) without direct physical examination is not possible.  Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource during this challenging time.