I Have Just Had Breast Augmentation W Arm Lift?

.I have mass swelling in arms and breasts with some drainage.The swelling is making my wrists actually go numb the dressing is so tight on arms that I can't hardly move them and feels like a mass of bee stings going on.I tried to loosen but the pain was severe.The breast seem okay I guess the left is fine,the right is hot and feels like it,s vibrating from the drainage nearby.I am draining mainly blood from that breast and am post op 5 days now..Any ideas on what to do??

Breast Surgery

+1
It is very hard to make clinical decisions based on a very little information provided on the internet, I suggest you see a local board certified plastic surgeon with aesthetic expertise

Regular follow up is recommended

+1

Thank you for the question.  It sounds like you may have some issues that would benefit your plastic surgeons evaluation.  Keep your arms elevated, take your antibiotics, and have your plastic surgeon evaluate how you are healing.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: Http://aaaplasticsurgery.com

Swelling and drainage after augment/arm lift

+1
Drainage from a breast augmentation is not typical. I am concerned about the heat you describe as well. See your plastic surgeon as soon as possible. Numbness in the wrists should not be ignored.

Swelling and pain after Breast surgery and arm lift

+1

Certainly after a breast lift and arm lift, you will have swelling and some discomfort, but your description sound very severe, and it would be best to see your surgeon ASAP.

Breast augmentation

+1

Breast augmentation should not have any drainage especially after 5 days. Something is not right.

The swelling in the arms to the extent of numbness means the garment is too tight. call the surgeon immediately and remove the garment. There should be no numbness. Keep the arms elevated till you see your doctor

Just had surgery

+1
  • You should be seen by your surgeon as soon as possible
  • bloody drainage after breast augmentation is not OK, you may need additional surgery
  • tight bandages on your arms may be worsening your situation
  • go back to your surgeons office, the nurse can help you unwrap the bandages
Wichita Plastic Surgeon

Concerns after Breast Augmentation and Arm Lifting Surgery?

+1

Based on your description, it is clear that you should be seen by your plastic surgeon ASAP.  “Massive swelling”, bleeding, dressings that are too tight… all should be  evaluated quickly.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_armLift.htm

Arm swelling, dressing tight

+1

For all these issues you need to be seen. If your surgeon cannot be reached, an emergency room is a second best. If the dressing is too tight, it may be causing serious harm if not loosened. Bloody drainage from the breast is not a normal occurrence. 

Thank you for your question, best wishes.