I Am Considering Doing a Brazilian Butt Lift. I Am Wondering if It Will Help with Lovehandles? (photo)

I would like to know if a brazilian butt lift would help shrink my waist and lovehandles at all. Currently my measurements are 34-30-38 I would like to have a smaller waist and a little more booty. I have been working out and eating right but my waist line seems to have this fat that is harder to get rid of.

Will the love handles be helped when doing a BBL?

+2

In performing the BBL donor fat is needed and usualy taken from the love handles as well as the abdomen. In addition, other sites may also be liposuctioned. Love handles are almost always removed which provides for donor fat and also helps further define the buttocks. You should seek consultation with a Board Certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience performing the BBL. good luck!

Love Handles and Brazilian Buttlift

+1

Liposuction of the belly, love handles, and back are the typical donor sites for the fat that is transferred.   The waist can be dramatically improved in certain individuals who have stubborn fat in that area.

Love handles gone with Brazilian Butt

+1

Yes, during Brazilian Butt lift surgery, liposuction will be performed on the waist and love handle region.  Most patients have a dramatic improvement in the midsection.  You would need a consultation to understand how much of an improvement you could obtain. 

Dennis Dass, MD

Brazilian Butt lift can help with lovehandles

+1

During a Brazilian Butt lift, I use liposuction to remove fat from unwanted areas and then inject that fat into the butt to give shapely curves.  Generally, the fat can easily be harvested from the midsection (tummy, waist and/or lovehandles).  It would be nice to have a back view to assess just how much fat you have in your lovehandles.  Liposuction was designed for people like you who have stubborn fat stores despite a healthy diet and regular exercise.

Andrew Jimerson, MD

Brazilian butt lift surgery

+1

Yes liposuction is perform in all the areas that there is excessive fat. Doing liposuction in the love handle and waist will improve your hip to waist ratio.

Wilberto Cortes, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift Will Help Love Handles

+1

Thank you for your question and photo.  You are a very good candidate for the brazilian butt lift or fat transfer to the buttock region.  This is performed by doing liposuction and tranferring the fat to the buttocks region.  In performing this procedure, It is critical to analyze the areas where your excess fat is not helping your body contour...like your love handles.  The excess fat is removed from these regions and used to treat the buttock.  There are several aesthetic units of the buttock where excess fat should be remvoed.  The love handles in one of these areas.  You can read more about this in the following article:  Centeno RF. Gluteal aesthetic unit classification: A tool to improve outcomes in body contouring. Aesthetic Surg J. 2006;26:200-8.  Good Luck!

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

BBL will improve waist and love handles only if fat is harvested from these areas

+1

The Brazilian Butt Lift procedures involves augmenting and reshaping the buttock region using fat transferred from other areas of the body. These donor areas can be anywhere there happens to be some excess fat, so your waistline and love handles will only be improved if fat is removed from these areas. But narrowing the waist, lower back, and love handles helps give the appearance of a fuller buttock area and improves your proportions so I would consider it a mistake not to remove fat from here. Your plastic surgeon will work with you to determine if the amount of fat from these areas would be adequate to achieve your goals or if additional fat from other sites will be required. Good luck. 

Peter Bray, MD

Will A BBL Improve The Appearance Of My Muffin Tops?

+1

Muffin tops or love handles (technical term "lumbar roll") are one of the most common areas for plastic surgeons to harvest fat that will be placed during your BBL.  This accomplishes two goals.  One, it decreases your waistline and gets rid of the muffin tops.  Second, by decreasing the prominences around the buttocks, it gives the illusion of a larger butt even before the fat is placed.

Love handles on both men and women have a different type of fat that doesn't appear to respond well to diet or exercise.  Liposuction is an excellent way of reducing the love handles (muffin tops).  This fat and fat harvested from other areas, if placed correctly, should give you an outstanding result, including a smaller waistline.

The key to a great surgery is a great plastic surgeon.  Choose a Board Certified plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, a member of ASPS and ASAPS and well experienced in both liposuction and the BBL. 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift will help your lovehandles and waist

+1

When done correctly, a Brazilian Butt Lift can help improve your waist and lovehandles. During my BBLs, I do aggressive liposuction of these areas and my patients really love their new very narrow waists. You need to evaluated in person to see exactly what type of improvement you should expect. Make sure to chose a board certified plastic surgeon with a lot of experience with BBLs. I perform an average of 3 per week and would be happy to evaluate you for free in my NYC office.

Matthew Schulman, MD