I Had Botox Hust Over2wks Ago, I Got Pleurisy a Week Ago, and Am Now on the Mend, is There Connection, and Should I Stop Taking?

Botox and pleurisy

+2

First of all, I am assuming that your Botox treatment was for cosmetic purposes.  With the amount of Botox that would normally be used to treat someone cosmetically, I would say that there is no connection between your Botox treatment and your pleurisy.  There should be no need to stop having Botox, although I would probably just wait until you've recovered from your lung condition.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pleruisy should not be a complication of botox

+1

I don't see how the injection of Botox, could stimulate pleurisy. this may be coincidental. See your primary care provider to get a work up for your pluerisy.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox related to pleurisy

+1

Given you had cosmetic Botox injections to your face, there wouldn't be a connection between the current lung condition you're experiencing and cosmetic Botox injections.

Sam Naficy, MD

Botox and Pleurisy

+1

The pleurisy developing after Botox is an unfortunate coincidence. Botox injections stay localized to the muscles that they are intended for. Even if Botox did travel to the lung, hypothetically (it absolutely does not), the pathophysiology of pleurisy is completely unrelated to the mechanism of action of Botox. Best of luck in your recovery and rest assured that the two are completely unrelated. 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Botox and lung conditions

+1

In my opinion these two things are totally unrelated and you are fine to continue receiving Botox treatments. When done for cosmetic purposes with cosmetic appropriate amounts injected, Botox is safe and wouldn't be any cause for concern.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Pleurisy after Botox injections

+1

In my professional opinion, I think it is best to seek professional help from a doctor that you trust to find out if there is a link between botox and Pleurisy. 

Alfonso Gonzalez Cepeda, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon