I Used Biore Pore Strips 21 Days Post-op?

I used Biore pore strips last night, and I am 21 days post-op. Shortly after I felt minor discomfort and slight pain in the bone upper area of the nose. This morning I noticed a very tiny hump which wasn't there yesterday. My nose also felt quite hard yesterday and now feels much softer to the touch like the swelling went down. I had an open septorhinoplasty with usage of graphs. May I have damaged my nose? I'm terrified.

Biore strips following rhinoplasty

+2

It is very unlikely you caused any damage, but I would recommend following up with your surgeon. He/she knows the extent of your surgery and will be able to provide you with advice. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/face/rhinoplasty/

Injured Nose After Rhinoplasty

+2

Hello. Do not worry. At this point post-op the changes that you are noticing are solely due to the swelling from the procedure. As the swelling subsides, you will notice slight changes to your nose. Do not fret, as these changes are normal and may continue for up to a year surgery. If you ever experience increased pain or symptoms that cause concern, it is always safest to ask your surgeon.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Web reference: http://www.jaimeperezmd.com/photogallery/nose-jobrhinoplasty-7196

Biore Strips after rhinoplaty

+2

It is extremely unlikely you caused any permanent damage. However, the act of removing the strip could have caused negative pressure within any potential space leading to fluid accumulation (which is softer than if the soft tissue was directly adherent to the bone). This is not a problem if there is no graft localized to this area. If you have a radix graft it is possible it could shift but unlikely. It is best to have your surgeon evaluate this area.

Honolulu Facial Plastic Surgeon

Use of pore strips following surgery

+1

At 21 days post-op, you should be fine to use this type of product. The chances of a pore strip having caused the hump are slim. Rather, I suspect you're experiencing the normal changes that accompany the healing process. Regardless, I highly recommend you contact your surgeon. Any time you feel something isn't quite "right" following your procedure, it's worth a call to him/her so they can ensure your healing is progressing properly.

Good luck!

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Biore Strips 21 Days after Rhinoplasty

+1

The strips may not have done anything, but, if you had a cartilage graft in the area, the surgeon should check to determine if everything is intact.

Changes to the nose at 3 weeks post op

+1

It is unlikely that anything placed externally on the nose 3 weeks after surgery would have any effect on your outcome.  You are most likely just noticing some previous changes to the nose that were not so noticeable before.