I Had a Bad Nose Job Nearly 5 Months Ago. Can It Be Fixed?

I was to have Allar Base reduction surgery and tip refinement. I made it very clear to the surgeon that I wanted a very slight change. Instead he took out a triangular shaped wedge across each nostril leaving visible scarring and a weird shape. My nostril openings are now tiny. Instead of refining the edges of the tip of my nose he has just shortened it. I still have the flare and tiny nostril openings and a shorter tip instead of a shorter tip not a refined tip. So upset. Can this be fixed?

Nose issue at 5 months post-surgery

+1

It is very difficult to assess your issues without an exam. I will say that after a wedge of tissue is removed from the alar base, it is almost impossible to make it larger without leaving large scars.

Alar and rhinoplasty revision.

+1

I would need to see photos to give a proper answer. Wait 1year from the time of surgery and see an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon. 

Revision Rhinoplasty may be done to Improve your appearance

+1

Dear May,

It is difficult to determine your exact problems with no visible photographs. Revision rhinoplasty is always an option and would be determined by a good skiled surgeon upon direct examination. The over correction of the alar base or weir surgery is difficult to correct. It is always best to be cautious in this area so the nostrils keep a nice natural appearance. I would suggest waiting close to a year and then consult some surgeons for consultation to see if revision surgery is a consideration. Third time is not a charm in rhinoplasty so choose well when interviewing new surgeons. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD