I Am Very Athletic 5'6 Size A and Want to Be B++ Silicone Please Advise How Many Cc?

I know people say ask your doctor, but I would like suggestions If I saw the outcome in person I would know right away pictures are hard and often nurses try to get you bigger. from a small medium A to a large B borderline small C. And what would bring me to a full C just to know the difference, although a big C would be to much for me to manage in sports so I want to be clear on the borderline between the two, Thanks!

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Sizing

+1

Your breast width determines the diameter of the implant that will be used and therefore the volume. That is the correct size. The profile will determine the look.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Natural Looking Breast Implants

+1
I have never understood the desire on the part of patients or physicians (especially physicians) to create unnaturally large breasts. I see 'before and after' photos at plastic surgery meetings and I almost always find myself asking the question: What's the `big' idea?
I view breast augmentation as more than a breast enhancement surgery. It is a total body contouring surgery, and the breast profile that one creates with implants should match a patient's overall figure. It should appear completely plausible that the breasts have not been surgically enhanced. I want for my patient's appearance to make others think "Wow - what a great figure", not "I wonder who her plastic surgeon is".
Over and over I hear patients remark, after reviewing some of our `before and after' photos, that they had no idea that a breast augmentation could look so natural. It can, and in my opinion it should. Having practiced plastic surgery in the 'breast augmentation capital of the world' (Los Angeles), and having performed hundreds of breast augmentations in North Carolina for patients who are seeking a breast enhancement that looks like it actually is a natural part of their body, I have developed some fairly strong opinions about this operation.
When considering breast augmentation surgery, I believe that the most important question for a prospective patient to ask themselves is this: Am I seeking a natural-appearing result? If the answer is yes, then seek out a surgeon who has the same aesthetic sensibility that you have (and appropriate training and experience). And insist on seeing `before and after' photos. A lot of them.
Dr. Law's Philosophy on Breast Implant Size And Bra Cup Size

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Picking breast implant sizes

+1

Its wonderful that you have a clear idea of what you like to have. Every women's body is different and it's not possible to fit you on the internet without examination in person. Finding appropriate breast implant is like shoe fitting. Since breast implant is placed on your chest wall, behind your breast tissues, measuring your chest wall and assessing your breast tissues and skin qualities will allow the plastic surgeon to pick out breast implants that fit you. Take the time to arrange for face to face consultation with several qualified and experienced plastic surgeon will go a long way to figuring out which breast implant is right for you.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Please Advise How Many Cc?

+1

Your concept of a B++ probably bares slight resemblance to mine, or to Nordstroms', etc. I would suggest that you consult with a surgeon and try on implants and use that as well as measurements the surgeon will take to decide upon a size that is right for you.

Thanks and best wishes. 

Breast Sizing #breastimplants

+1

Thank you for your question. I think sizing can be broken down into an easy analogy here. In fact, I do not even discuss numbers with my patients. If a patient walks through the door and says they want x-cc implants I have to educate them about how sizing works. The best analogy I can relate this to is buying shoes. When you go to buy shoes how do you do that? First you start with the size your foot is right? So if your foot is a 6.5 you try on all kinds of 6.5 size shoes. Some may be tall, some might be flat, and some might be somewhere in between. You would never try to buy a size 8 shoe because it would be too big for your foot right? Breast sizing is the exact same way. Implants come in several different profiles that are like different heights of shoes. Implants can be low profile, moderate profile, or high profile. There are even implants that are higher than high. That would be your high platform shoe. Each implant style give you a different look. Now, your breast has a defined width that we call the base diameter of the breast. This would be analogous to the show size. Your breast base diameter never changes. It is what it is. So now, you can choose several different style of implants that fit the number of your breast base diameter. That really narrows down what implant is best for you. So once you know your breast base diameter you can try the low, moderate, high or really high implants on. The only think you have to decide is which look you are going for. You would never put an implant that is 13 centimeters wide in a patient whose base diameter is 10 centimeters. Half the implant would be in the armpit. So, this is very simple to me. My patients get a few choices that fit their breast and that is it. I will not put an implant in a patient that is too wide for their body because it will harm them over time. Hope this helps.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Size matters

+1

for small volume agumentations it is more important to get the correct breast width so it looks natural and not fake round circles stuck in the position of breasts.  Have your breast width measured by you potential surgeon and then pic the style 10 or moderate profile implant which fits your breast width.  Likely around 260.  This will take you up a little over one cup size.

Chad K. Wheeler, MD
Spokane Plastic Surgeon

Small A to small C

+1

If you are a small A and want to be a large B/small C, I would advise against going any smaller than 300 ml.   Just to give you an idea, the average augmentation in the US is 350 ml.  Good luck.

Best Breast Implant Size/Profile for Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “full C” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I want small breast implants to keep me athletic.

+1

Hi Layla,

Thanks for your question.

Instead of giving you an exact cc size, because every body is different, lets look at it another way. 

You would like to be athletic, but maintain a very natural appearance, albeit small.  The best choice here is to go by body metrics, i.e. body measurements rather than think in cc's.  Your chest has an ideal breast width, whether this is your true breast width currently or not.  You probably noticed that some women have a large gap inbetween their breasts and some do not.  You should decide which appearance you like better.  Personally, I think that a full breast width with good cleavage and little gap in between the breasts looks the most natural.  Once this is decided and measured, you should use this width measurement, minus your tissue thickness at the edge of you breast to pick the width of your implant.  This way the implant is tailored to your body.  Next, for a very athletic look, i.e. less projection, you should choose a moderate profile implant.  This will give you a full B cup from an average A.  A moderate plus projection will give you a full C.  So once you have your ideal implant width measurement, say it is 14 cm, then choosing a moderate profile projection will give you your cc's. 

Best Wishes!

Pablo Prichard

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon