I Asked for a Full C a DD. I Am Very Uncomfortable with This. Should I Downsize & when Should It Be Done? (photo)

Not Comfortable! So Sad! 5'3", 140 lbs. 36B pre-op. My size didn't bother me before but was unhappy with sagging after 3 babies. At the consultation the dr said I needed an augmentation not a lift to help sagging. I told them I wanted C cup (not knowing chose 1st sizer I tried). End result is DD. Dr gave me rough estimate, around $2000 to downsize. I'm sad that I will have to pay more money to get the size I wanted plus more recovery time. Also, my right breast still has not dropped completely.

Implants don't lift!

+1

sorry you are unhappy. Without seeing a preop pic it is hard to comment. If your goal was to lift the nipple position then you have to accept the additional scarring that goes with it. I think a smaller implant and a lift will likely give you what you want. I do think you need a 2nd opinion and show that person your preoperative photos. Best of Luck!

Different implants

+1

The factors you need to consider for exchange are the shape of the implant that is in place and if you would like or consider using a different shaped implant. You also appear to need a breast lift which may help without exchanging the implant.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

I Asked for a Full C a DD. I Am Very Uncomfortable with This. Should I Downsize & when Should It Be Done?

+1

if you could posted before photos would be more helpful. But you need a donut lift in my opinion based upon the posted photos and limited info posted. If you down size than you might consider a l-shaped lift. Sorry 

Implants too large

+1

It is difficult to define what a breast size is exactly.  Some patients who truly are a B think they are a D, and some patients with a D-cup think they have a B.  

Since you held the sizer in your hand and approved the size, that's most likely the size you got.

Your best result, however, will be to choose a smaller size and have a breast lift to treat the sagging of the breasts.  Reducing the size of the implants alone will not treat the drooping of the breasts.

While not all doctors agree, it is usually not a good idea to treat truly droopy breasts by placing a large implant.  The result is large, droopy breasts.

So be very very careful before undergoing your next surgery and choose a caring board certified plastic surgeon who listens to your concerns and comes up with an excellent plan for you.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Lifts and Implants

+1

Unfortunately, you went to the wrong doctor.  This has been re-confirmed by his suggestion to 'downsize'.  This doctor probably doesn't even perform breast lifts.  You need to go to another doctor, and you will need to spend more money, perhaps a significant amount to get the appropriate care.  The type of doctor you need to see is a specialist in all aspects of aesthetic breast surgery, one that performs augmentations, lifts, reductions, and revisions of all these types of surgeries.  This type of doctor would of course be certified by the ABPS, as well as also be a member of the ASAPS.

Best of luck.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Should I Downsize??

+1

If the implants make you too large, downsizing is a consideration. When I look at these photos, I am not seeing something I would call a DD. There are no fixed definitions of cup size.  As a very rough estimate, cup size will go up one cup for each 200 to  225 cc of implant size, so to go from a B to a DD, you would expect to need a 600 to 675 cc implant. Those just don't look that large to me.

As far as a lift, implants will not correct any but the most minor amounts of ptosis, or sagging. In you post op photos, if you were content with your size, I would recommend a lift. If you downsize you may want to consider a lift at the same time. 

Sorry that you have had an outcome that was not satisfactory to you. Thanks for your question and for the photos you attached. Best wishes.