I Had a Apicetomy About 2 Months Ago and my Gums Are Still Swollen and Still Sore, is This Normal?

Continued pain from apicoectomy

Usually pain subsides over a week- so it is certainly longer than it should be. It may indicate continued infection from its source.

dr. kazemi

Bethesda Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Apicoectomy 2 Months Ago and Gums Still Sore

Get to your dentist ASAP and have an X-ray taken to see if there is still active infection.

Apicoectomy sore gums

Generally healing should have occured to the point that the discomfort dissipated. Some infections are quite strong and may require a stronger antibiotic. Possibly an area adjacent to the site is affected, or the apicoectomy needs to be investigated.