I Had a Abdominoplasty Tummy Tuck, It Has Been One Month and the Lower Part of my Stomach Might Be Infected?

I went to see the doctor and he said my stomach should not look inflamed, so he got a needle and poke and begun drain the swallow lower part of my stomach. On my cuts! it is not red and it look okay to me. the doctor said, if my stomach doesn't go down, that I would need to go back to surgery because I would have an infection. is it normal to drain and poke the area even if it doesn't look bad. because of the swallowing?

Tummy tuck complication one month later

+1

He may have suspected a fluid collection. Its best if you communicate your concerns to your plastic surgeon so that you are more comfortable.

After a tummy tuck, fluid pockets called a seroma can occur in small number of people

+1

It is not unusual for a plastic surgeon to drain fluid if there is a fluid pocket under your incision after a tummy tuck.  Sometimes, the drainage of this fluid can solve your problems with the swelling.  Sometime, a second surgery is needed to get rid of the fluid permanently.  Ask your plastic surgeon to explain this further to you.  Best wishes!

Richard H. Lee, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Seroma after tummy tuck?

+1

It sounds like you might have a seroma, which is typically not an infection but rather a fluid collection under the skin that can happen after a tummy tuck.  I would ask your plastic surgeon to explain their reasoning further and if you feel uncomfortable with the answer then look into a second opinion.  Best of luck, Dr. Kerr

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

Post TT Infection

+1

I am unsure what you are asking.  Do you mean "swelling" instead of "swallowing"? If you  don't agree with your surgeon's opinion, get a second or third opinion.  Based on the information you have provided, I can't adequately comment.

Warmest Regards,

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Hello

+1

Without a picture or an exam we cannot say what it can be. Sometimes after a tummy tuck you do accumulate a Seroma that is easy drained. If you don’t have a fever for 3 days your incision is not draining green or yellow, and your skin is not red and raised, it should not be an infection. Make sure you get a second opinion.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS