I Just Had Abdominal and Flank Liposuction, but my Thighs Are Swollen So Bad Today, I Just Had the Procedure Done on Thursday.

Swelling in legs after liposuction

+2

As the other plastic surgeons had commented, it is difficult to tell what has happened.  It can range from just normal post-operative swelling, as the legs are a dependant limb (below the level of the heart) or it could be something more severe, such as DVT's.  The likelihood of the latter is low, but I would definitely get in contact with your surgeon to make sure everything is okay.

Thighs Swollen After Liposuction

+1

Thigh swelling after surgery may indicate DVT, but this is impossible to determine without an exam and possibly an ultrasound.  This may be dependent swelling.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Swollen thighs

+1

This is normal and just rfelects gravity causing the swelling to go downhill to you thighs,This will in time go down.Be patient.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Swelling of thighs after liposuction

+1

While it is pretty common to have swelling after liposuction, it sounds like you need to be properly evaluated in person to rule out other causes of leg swelling.

Hello

+1

Without an exam its very hard to say wether its normal or not. Did you have liposuction on your thighs? You need to see your doctor to rule out DVT..

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Post operative swelling of your legs needs to be evaluated by your surgeon to rule out deep vein clots.

+1

While it is not unusual for there to be some swelling of your legs after liposuction on your abdomen and flanks, the degree of swelling you are describing requires that your surgeon evaluate you and rule out blood clots in your leg and pelvic veins. Call immediately and see your doctor today.

Carl W. "Rick" Lentz III, MD

Swelling after liposuction

+1
Postop swelling can and should be expected, particularly in the lower extremity. You should be wearing a compression garment. Try not to drink or eat salty foods and understand that everyone mobilizes fluid and heals at a different rate. If you have other complications and have concerns, see your plastic surgeon.

Robert L. Kraft, MD