I Am Almost 70 Years Old, 5'7 and 180 Lbs. Is This Too Old to Consider Breast Reduction? 40DD

Breast Reduction at 70?

+1

Age is less of a factor in being a candidate for surgery than overall health.  As long as you are generally healthy (we may do testing to be certain) you should be fine for a breast reduction operation.  During your consultation we can discuss your overall health and the reasons you are interested in breast reduction surgery, then we can discuss the best way to move forward, what size you want your breasts to be, and what surgical technique would serve you best.  We specialize in the short-scar technique, also called the lollipop incision for breast reductions.  This reduces scarring and often provides patients with a shorter recovery period after surgery.

Too Old for Breast Reduction?

+1

I have done breast reduction surgery on women your age and they have done very well. Their only complaint is that they wish they had done it sooner! As long as you are in good health you should have no problem. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.breastreductionsanfrancisco.com/breast-reduction.asp

Breast Reduction at Age of 70?

+1

Assuming you are in good health you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery; it is one of the most patient pleasing operations performed, regardless of the patient's age.   In your case, you may want to see your primary care or internists prior to consultation with a plastic surgeon. Ask for a medical workup ( history, physical, EKG…) and make sure that you are medically “optimized".

Then seek consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and communicate your goals clearly. I prefer the use of goal pictures in this communication process.  Most patients seeking this operation wish to have their breasts reduced enough to help decrease/alleviate symptoms but retain enough breast tissue to  retain upper and lower body proportionality.

Hopefully your only regret after this operation will be “I wish I had done it sooner”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm