I Am 5'9", 130lbs Wear a 34 A (Small A) I Will Be Modeling and Need a Very Natural Look?

Is 275, 300 or 325 silicone moderate best for me? I buy VS push up bras now and I don't even fill that out but I have to have my breast look like I haven't had implants...

What size for you?

+3

Thanks for your question. I would say that all sizes mentioned are within the ballpark to achieve a solid augmentation that could look very natural. The final cup is better determined after performing an examination and seeing your natural shape and current breast volume. Perhaps using a volume sizing system (VSS) will help you feel more comfortable deciding from your choices. For taller ladies, I tend to believe the bigger volume looks better, but that's up to you!  Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Models and breast implants

+3

Having done breast enhancement surgeries for a number of models, I know that it is natural to go with a breast size and shape that is typically smaller that that for most, (not all), women who want augmentation. For starters, runway models are of a more thin, (much smaller in your hips and chest), body habitus. I would assume that your body fits this description; you have a chest size of a 34 bra at 5' 9". First of all, go with sub-muscular implants and avoid the high profile style. It is not about the implant size but the best fit between implant and your breasts that will determine the shape of your breasts. It is also about the breast dimensions: the width and projection and proportion to your body, as well the amount of the breast tissue you have already.Too small a width of implant looks very unnatural as does too much breast projection. The goal is to stay looking like you don't have implants. Being taller you want to go with a width that provides a good natural flow to your breasts with your chest that is neither too wide nor narrow, (which consequently risks too wide a distance between the breasts when they have had implants).  Often, (but not always),I will consider a moderate versus a moderate-plus style for a runway model. The new 3D Vectra imaging system is a fantastic way to see what your results may look like and is a great way to discuss the differences in styles and sizes on your body. See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has this system and who has the experience and the sensibilities to understand and execute the right procedure to provide the beauty of a smaller enhanced breast. It is about giving the breast the shape and size that match the body. This same idea also works well with ballet dancers, as well as thin women of all walks of life. It is all about how the woman sees herself not about what everyone thinks of breasts. You also have the other professional concern that is important. 

David R. Stephens, MD

Implant Size

+3

If you want to end up with a B cup, you will need an implant in the 200-275 cc range.  The 300-375 cc implants will get you into the C cup range.  Hope this helps.

Peter J. Simon, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

How Much to Get from a Small A to a Large B

+2

In smaller, less wide women one cup size may only require 200cc or so.  A small A to a small B would thus be 200 cc.  A small A to a large B would be about 325 cc, etc.

Implant choice

+2

The decision reagrding implant volume is chosen with the patient's participation after a throrough exam and discussion.  It is impossible to say without he exam.

Implant size selection to achieve your goals

+2

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system
Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.
Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Natural Look after Breast Augmentation

+2
In patients who are as thin as you, larger implants tend to result in a less natural appearance of the breasts after augmentation. On the contrary, very natural appearing breasts are possible with smaller implants. You really need a comprehensive examination/evaluation to determine if the implants that you mention would be right for you. If those implants give you a look that you are happy with, it's best to have a discussion with an experienced plastic surgeon who can tell you if the implant volumes and shapes will achieve a "natural" look based on the current dimensions of your chest and breasts.  Hope this helps!
Thanks for your question. Best of Luck!

Gregory Park, MD

Breast Implant Sizing

+2

For a natural look it is important to choose an implant that is sized according to you base width of your breast, takes into account how much tissue and how much "give" your breast  has. Your surgeon should help you size your breast according to these measurements and take into account your wishes.  The new 3D imaging systems available should also be helpful in letting you view your simulated final result.  Good luck.

Charles R. Nathan, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant Size/Profile for Me?

+2

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “very natural”  or “C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.