5'8 and 135 Lbs Size 34 B Cup. Would 350 Cc Make my Breasts Too Big in a Bikini?

My Doctor measured me and said proportionately I should go 390 cc. For me, that would be too large. My mother got her breasts done and they look great on her but I still would have gone a bit smaller. She is 5'5 and weighs 130 lbs, she got 325 cc. I just do not want to look HUGE in a swim suite. I am tall so ppl are saying they will look fine on me. Is there a big difference between 325 cc to 350 cc? I am almost leaning towards the 325.

Breast augmentation

+1

Breast beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The reality is the 25 cc difference in volume translates into a few millimeters difference. Having said that in my experience patients would rather err on the smaller size than the larger size. There are a few sizing systems out there to try on to be more confident in your size choice, good luck.

Vero Beach Plastic Surgeon

Difference Between 350 and 325 ml in Breast Augmentation?

+1

The difference in 350 ml and 325 ml is imperceptible to most observers.  Also, remember that any implant placed under the muscle is blunted.  So, anything you think that looks good when you are sizing prior to surgery -- add about 50 ml to that.  If you like 300 ml, then go with 350 ml.

Best Breast Implant Size/Profile for Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.

Generally speaking, you will find that comparisons with your mother's situation will not be helpful. Also, you will find that the difference between 325 mL versus 350 mL is not significant.

The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural or huge”  or “C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

325-350cc implants

+1

If you are a taller female a 325-350cc implant would most likely suit your body, however, this is best determined based on pictures, measurements, and implant sizers used during surgery.

The difference between the 325 and 350cc size is just a shot glass of fluid if you are choosing saline implants, if you are going with silicone it would be about the same difference in silicone gel. Looking at before and after pictures is helpful to compare a body that may look like yours before you choose your final size. Going with a skilled Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that uses your measurements to choose a good size for you is also recommended.

In my practice, I have my patients bring in pictures and also I will have my patients place different sized implants in their bra just prior to surgery to get a feel of what they may be most happy with.

Good Luck with your choice!

David Rankin, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Implant size selection to achieve your goals

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Implant and 350 cc's

+1

Without an exam it is tough to say what would  be right for you. A good measure for you to do is perform a "baggy test" to guesstimate the volume that you like.

Would 350 Cc Make my Breasts Too Big in a Bikini?

+1

Hard to tell without photos or measurements. As to the difference between 325 and 350, that's about half a shot glass, and probably an unnoticeable difference, not worth worrying about. 

As to the fit is a bikini, I would suggest trying the implants on in your surgeon's office. Typically, and this is not an exact science, the implants look a bit bigger sitting over the breast as a trial size than the same size looks implanted, I usually feel by about 10%. Therefore for gel implants I usually use the next size up. So if 300 cc looks good as a trial, I will use a 325 cc implant.

Thanks for your question, best wishes. 

Cup Size v. CC Volume...HOW TO DECIDE?? Ask Dr Ellen

+1

Hello JRenee,

Give yourself a break! 

As a woman and a board certified plastic surgeon, I always have the ladies try on the sizers at the time of their consultation with me so that they will know what they are choosing.

Rather than trying to guess what 390 , 350 or 325 cc are going to look like AFTER the surgery, try on sizers BEFORE the surgery and DECIDE FOR YOURSELF WHAT LOOKS GOOD TO YOU!  Bring in a few t shirts, bathing suits, dresses, whatever YOU NEED to better help you to know what you are doing.

Clear expectations  = Happy lady

Remember, you are a part of the decision making TEAM.  

Thanks for asking!  Dr Ellen

Ellen A. Mahony, MD
Westport Plastic Surgeon

What size is too big in a Bikini?

+1

Hi Renee,

I recommend you do not consider cc's in your consideration of size.  This may seem crazy to you, but hear me out.  The most important measurement in choosing your size is choosing the base width.  This is equal to the diameter of your IDEAL breast dimensions (not necessarily your current dimensions) minus your tissue thickness.  This will give you good cleavage and look natural with no wide gap inbetween your breasts.  If you choose an implant that is to narrow, this will look unnatural as the breasts will be too far spread apart, if you choose too wide, they will be too close together or have too much implant on the side causing an unnatural look.  Next, you need to assess your goal.  If you are a 34 B right now, and would like to be a 34 C, then choose a moderate profile implant.  If you would like to be a full C to D, then choose a moderate plus profile implant.  These two measurements, (base width and profile) will determine how many cc's are ideal for you.  Don't go in the opposite direction.

Best Wishes!

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon