I Am 5.6 Bra Size 38 Barely B. My Surgeon Suggests 500 to 550 Cc Do You Think They Will Be Very Large?

Testing the right size of implants on your frame

+2

That size certainly seems large based on the information you have provided but if your chest is very wide it may be acceptable.  You can test it by measuring 500mL (half of a liter) in rice and placing it in a ziplock bag and placing it in a sports bra.  This will give you a rough idea.  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Implant size

+1

Your question is the most common question from women seeking breast augmentation. I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning

2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.
This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Hope this helps.
Dr Basu
Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com