I Am 5'10, Size 12AA Cup and Have a Wide Chest. What Form of Breast Augmentation is Recommended?

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

What Form of Breast Augmentation is Recommended?

+1

There is a general question if I have heard one today! 

Your face these choices:

• Incision--breast fold, around the areola, in the axilla
  • Position--above or below the muscle (almost always the latter)
  • Implant fill--silicone or saline
  • Implant size--depends upon your goals and anatomy
  • Implant profile--Moderate, moderate plus, high, extra-high

Most women with small amounts of breast tissue do better with silicone implants under the muscle. Incision is by patient and surgeon preference. Implant profile is determined by natural breast width and desired implant volume. All this is resolved at an in person consult with a plastic surgeon. 

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Breast Augmentation for AA Breasts

+1

Women with wide chests and small amount of breast tissue, AA, usually require wider breast implants called moderates. The moderate implants help create cleavage in this situation.  The implants should be placed below the pectorals major muscle for more tissue coverage and the inframammary fold of the breast may need to be lowered to allow the wider implants to sit low enough giving them a natural appearance. Also, you should consider whether you want silicone gel or saline filled implants. The periareolar approach and the transaxillary (armpit) approachs allow the inframammary fold to be adjusted. Make sure you consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can examine you and offer you the optimal approach for breast augmentation.

Richard Wellington Swift, MD

Breast Augmentation

+1

I have only general comments for you on this one. Anyone can have one of many different approaches to breast augmentation. Lets assume you are a straight forward breast augmentation, no lift needed. You can have implants placed either through the armpit (transaxillary), around the areola (peri-areolar) or in the lower breast crease (inframammary). You can have silicone implants if you are 22 years or older and anyone can have saline implants. Then the implants can be placed beneath the chest muscle (Pectoralis Muscle). Which approach is correct for you will be determined by your board certified Plastic Surgeon. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

Breast augmentation.

+1

It is difficult to give a comprehensive answer without photos or an examination. By your description you appear to be a good candidate for breast augmentation. Your goals and desires should be thoroughly discussed with a qualified plastic surgeon with whom you feel comfortable.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation for you

+1

Thank you for your question, but without more details and more specifically an exam, I can not give you an idea of what the appropriate implant would be for you.

Very high levels of satisfaction are reported after both saline and silicone gel augmentation.

+1

I think you mean a 32AA, right?  You are likely to be happy with a breast augmentation, whether saline or silicone implants are used.  Definitely I would recommend implant placement deep to the muscle in view of your very small breast size.  Usually I use an inframammary incision (in the crease under your breast).  Pocket dissection has to be just right so that your implants are at the correct level and you have an attractive cleavage in a bra.  I've attached this section of my website so you can view before and after photos.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

BREAST AUGMENTATION

+1

Hi Dalyriver,

Unfortunately, important information is absent from your question.  Without photos and measurements one can only make general comments.  Since you are tall a larger than average implant will be needed.  You describe a wide chest  with minimal breast tissue.  The implant style is hard to recommend but it sounds like you would need a Natrelle silicone implant style 45 or 20.  I would recommend a consultation with a local Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Sizing of implants

+1

The proper sizing of the implants depends on your height, weight, chest size and anatomy and breast width. You need to be measured for the right fit.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation Recommendations

+1

Without additional information and photos it's difficult to make a recommendation. It's best to meet with your local plastic surgeon, who will do a thorough evaluation and make the best recommendations to optimize your breast augmentation.

Thanks for your question. Best of Luck!

Gregory Park, MD