I Got A 50% Chemical Peel and I Don't See Any Results?

2 days ago i got 50 % chemical peel from the dermatologist and my skin is still the same, nothing happened why??

Not All Chemical Peels Are Alike

+1

Not all Chemical Peels are the same. Many variables are at play: type of agent, pH, number of coats/passes used, lenghth of time in contact with skin, type of prep, skin type (oily, dry, thin, ethnicity), age of patient, skin color, after care, etc. Without knowing these details it is not possible to comment. 

My suggestion is to return to your Dermatologist for an indepth discussion about realistic expectations and options.

Chemical Peel Efficacy

+1

Thank you for your question.  Without knowing the chemical, the skin prep, and the duration of the time the chemical was left on your skin, there is no way to accurately provide information.  I recommend you see your dermatologist and ask for more information.  Some peels can produce peeling, while others cause minimal redness or peeling.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Chemical peel

+1

A  50% glycolic acid peel may cause some redness for a day or so and some peeling or just dry skin 3 to 6 days after the peel.  The amount of redness and peeling depends on your skin type and how long the acid was left on your skin.  If you do not notice any peeling, your dermatologist will probably leave the acid on longer next time.  Remember to use sun protection.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist