I Am a 47 Year Old with Small Sagging Breasts That Barely Fit into an A Cup Bra. Am I Too Old for Breast Augmentation?

I am 5 feet tall I weigh 115 pounds. Athletic build.

47 year old and Breast Augmentation

+1

I have many patients in their 40s, 50s, and 60s who have elected to undergo breast augmentation.   If the patient is in good general health and has no breast issues, breast augmentation can offer a very good solution to micromastia.  Kenneth Hughes, MD breast augmentation Los Angeles, CA

You are not too old for breast augmentation!

+1
There is no upper age limit on breast augmentation. As long as you are healthy and have normal blood work and preoperative clearance, you should be a good candidate. Depending on how much sagging of the natural breast tissue you have will determine whether you need implants or implants and a lift at the same time. Also, we offer the new Vectra 3D imaging so that women can see how any size implant will look in their body before surgery. It makes choosing the right implant size for you much easier. Try to find an experienced plastic surgeon who offers this service for increased peace of mind. Best of luck.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

47 is NOT too old for breast aug.

+1

No, 47 years old is not too old for breast augmentation!  My oldest patient was a 70 year old woman and she had an excellent surgical outcome.

George John Alexander, MD, FACS

Age

+1

No age is not a factor for considering breast augmentation. If you are in good health and your blood tests and medical clearance shows no abnormalities then you are a very good candidate for the surgery.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Not too old for breasts improvement

+1

Dear Irene,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Breast augmentation and improvement is not exclusive to young patients. On the contrary, many patients undergoing the surgery are in their 40s and 50s while some patients even in their 30s may not be as good of candidates as ones in their 40s.

Age is not the only variable to consider before recommending a breast augmentation procedure. The amount of breast tissue, the elasticity/laxity of the skin as well as the remaining anatomical features are the main players to be considered.

With that perspective, without a physical examination it is not possible to provide you with a solid advise.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Breast implants at 47?

+1

Just because you are 47 does not mean you can not have breast implants. Often a lift is needed as well in women who have had children.

Is Age a Factor?

+1

Your age is not even a consideration for me.  The most important thing is that you are healthy enough to undergo a short, low-risk, outpatient surgery.  I have many patients over age 50 having this procedure performed regularly. 

John K. Wakelin III, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Right Age for Breast Augmentation

+1

Many women your age have breast augmentation and they love it. Provided that you in good health, it is no problem. If you feel good about it, go for it.

Michael Horn, MD

Age not a factor for breast augmentation

+1

You are absolutely not too old. You are young, and should be enjoying life. 

If you can afford it, this simple one hour procedure will make you happy, and you deserve it.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

47 Not Too Old For Breast Augmentation

+1

The fact that you are 47 years old does not preclude you being a good candidate for breast augmentation.  This, of course, assumes that you are in good general health which seems to be the case.  From you brief description, it is possible that you may also need a lift.

John Whitt, MD