I Am 45yrs Old and Had Small Hernia Repair with a Full TT 3 Weeks Ago Am is Still Swollen or Did my Tt Not Work?

I have had 2 csections and a hysterectomy due to large fibroids about 11/2 yrs ago. I am only 5 ft tall an have never been overweight but the kids caused diastasis and a little extra skin and fat in my middle. only weigh 98 lbs and have had a trainer for the past 2 yrs plus I am a runner, run 35 ml week. Surgeon said since I am so tiny he didn't have to make new bb and used a tool to fix hernia and stitch musc above bb . Am I swollen or did the tt not work right on me? Or is it too soon

Swollen at Three Weeks after Minitummytuck

+1

You are no doubt still swollen, but you should see the surgeon to help sort this out.  Given how small your frame is, the surgeon probably only took off a few ounces of skin.  It will take months to see your final result.

Swelling after Tummy tuck Surgery

+1

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately, there were no pictures attached.  It is difficult to give you good advice without photos (or an examination).  Swelling can take months to subside but if you are concerned, I recommend that you visit with your surgeon so that he/she can make sure that your recovery is normal.

Full TT 3 Weeks Ago Am is Still Swollen

+1

Chances are you are still swollen 3 weeks out from TT. However, with photos it is not possible to render a useful opinion. Please consider adding some photos. Discussion with your plastic surgeon based on an actual in person exam is an even more useful way to get your question answered. Thanks and best wishes. 

Mini vs. Full Tummy Tuck

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.

Swelling can happen very soon after a tummy tuck and take many weeks to months to go away.  It sounds like you had a mini tummy tuck along with correction of muscle diastasis (muscle spreading) and hernia repair.  The definition of mini vs. full, most simplistically speaking is whether all the tissue below the belly button is removed and belly button is re-made or if only some tissue below the belly button is removed.  Your torso may have been to short to have a full tummy tuck or you may have not had enough laxity.  It is impossible to know without a photo or physical exam.

Best Wishes!

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon