I Have 450cc and Need Strattice Revision I Want 550ccs is This Harmful?

i want larger breasts even though i need strattice revision, is it harmful after strattice revision? im just starting to bottom out. my second revision was five years ago when my implants leaked into the breast.

+1

Without photos and some more info it is hard to give a useful recommendation. Size of implant is a factor in bottoming out, so that is one argument against going larger. Whether the strattice reconstruction will hold up to a larger implant is something an online consultant with minimal info can only guess at. I would guess that the reason you may be asking is that your surgeon discouraged the size increase. 

Thanks for your question, and best wishes. 

Raise breast tissue instead of larger low implants plus strattice

+1

The goal of breast surgery is to create beautiful breasts.  Beauty is determined by several factors including symmetry, skin tone, position of breast on the chest wall, position of areola, cleavage, shape and least of all volume.  Breasts will look larger when the areola, breast tissue and implant are aligned in the same horizontal plane over the bony prominence of the chest wall.  Your breasts bottom out so you are not aligned.  If a 450 cc implant did not provide the desired result then 100 cc more will not either.  I recommend you consider another option called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to align the areola, breast tissue and implant at the bony prominence.  This will achieve the look you desire without larger implants.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Strattice

+1

strattice is designed to thick the tissue and better support the implants, mainly in areas where the implants are becoming visible, or the tissue really thin. so , the idea of bigger implants is contrary to this philosophy, even more when you are in presence of a redo case, and not the first redo. again, need a proper direct examination, sometime even an rmn, magnetic resonance to assess properly actual implants and relationship with existing tissue, particularly the inframammary crease. and the muscle. 

Alberto Di Giuseppe, MBBS
London Plastic Surgeon

Harmful to Use Larger Breasts Implants during Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+1

As you can imagine, without much more information, it is not possibly to give you precise advice.

Generally speaking, the use of larger breast implants in your case may be reasonable if the use of larger breast implants does not compromise the “safety” of the operation. For example, careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be helpful in determining whether the breast implants you are considering will “fit” nicely.  The use of implants that are too large for your frame can increase the potential risk/complications associated with the surgery, including the risk of implant displacement/malposition.

Again, your plastic surgeon will be your best resource as you plan the operation.  Make sure you communicate your goals clearly.  In my practice, I prefer the use of goal pictures to help in this communication process.

Strattice to support implants

+1

Each situation is different and only a plastic surgeon examining you personally can make a definitive recommendation. In general, larger implants put more stress on the tissues and bottoming out can be one consequence. In theory, Strattice should help and allow you to go larger, but I would still recommend staying with an implant size with dimensions corresponding to your anatomy, especially base diameter of the breast.

Richard Baxter, MD

Implants and Strattice

+1

It really depends upon how you look and what you are trying to accomplish with the implants and strattice. If you are bottoming out it might be best to stay with the same volume of even go smaller.