I Have 430cc HP Brazilian Implants Placed over the Muscle. Will They "Settle"?

My Implants feel like two balls sitting on my chest. I am only two weeks post op and asked for a natural look. But because of loss of upper pole my surgeon suggested these implants. I am wondering If I will ever feel more natural or if this ball appearance will continue to look this way?

Implants Settling

+1

Implants will always drop or settle with time as the pocket is filled out.  2 weeks is too early to determine final breast size or shape.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Concerns about Breast Appearance after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Although it is not possible to predict with any certainty exactly what your breasts will look like in the long-term, it is possible to anticipate significant changes over the course of the next few months, given that you are only two weeks out of your procedure.  Generally speaking, breasts tend to “soften” over the course of the first few months after breast augmentation surgery.

I would suggest that you continue to follow-up to plastic surgeon,  who was in the best position to advise and/or reassure you.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Implants Settling

+1

After having performed this procedure over 12 years I have found that around 30% of the swelling will come down in the first 1 month. Another 40-50% will go away afetr another 3 months. So usually you are at 80% after 4 months time. The last 20% take longer probably another 3-6 months. You are still healing two weeks after surgery and there is significant swelling that has to resolve.

The high profile implants have more projection than the other styles. This is the high profile look.

You did not mention if you have saline or silicone implants. If you have silicone implants they feel softer than the saline especially if they are subglandular. 

Implant settling

+1

You are only two weeks after surgery, so I can tell you with great confidence that your implants will certainly soften and settle with time. In my practice, it routinely takes about 3 months for the implants to finally reach their final shape and position. That being said, it is difficult to say for certain if your implants will ever achieve the "natural" appearance that you may want without seeing photos or completing a physical exam. Large implants placed over the muscle, in my opinion, are prone to have problems for many patients. If your skin envelope and natural soft tissues are thin, then your implants might always have a "fake" look because they are over the muscle. In time, I would be much more worried about large implants "bottoming out" with time when placed over the muscle than being "too high".

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.