I Am 41 Years Old, 175 Lbs, 5'5" Tall Considering 500CC Sil. Is This Too Big? Want Natural Look.

I tried on the sizers today, but just not sure what that will look like in real life. Im so confused and need a crystal ball :)

Breast implant size

+2

Hard to tell without photos, but I think 500 cc's is probably too large for most people.  Given your current build,  500 cc implants will tend to make you look heavy.

Sizing of Breast Implants

+1

Patients should always play a central role in choosing the size of their implants.  The surgeon has the obligation to inform the patient if the implant is likely to be too wide or large based upon chest wall width and other anatomical considerations.  Having said that, 500 cc may be a very reasonable size implant for above average width patients.  High profile implants can be chosen to reduce the base diameter width as well.

Choice of breast implant size

+1

Nothing gives a woman more anxiety than trying to determine breast implant sizes.  Trying on sizers and viewing pictures help to give you some idea about the correct volume of implant to use to achieve your goals.  There are many factors to consider with a breast augmentation including the base diameter of your breast, your anatomy, your desired projection, the quality of your breast tissues and your desired result.  Communication is the key to achieving a good result.  At our office we use the Vectra imaging system which is a 3D camera that allows the patient to select a specific implant and see how it looks on their body.   We have found that this really gets the patient comfortable with their choice of implant size.  

Implant Sizing

+1

It is important to choose an appropriate size based on the natural width of you breast and the desired degree of fullness.  To achieve a natural look, this sounds like a big implant but it is difficult to say without measurements and a photo. Your surgeon should be able to help you achieve an natural look it that is what you desire.  You can also find a practice that has a Vectra system to allow you to see a 3-D photo simulation of your after photos.  

Charles R. Nathan, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant choices

+1

I can not tell you if they are right for you or too big without an exam. You can also do a "baggy test" at home to see if you like the size.

I Am 41 Years Old, 175 Lbs, 5'5" Tall Considering 500CC Sil. Is This Too Big? Want Natural Look

+1

To look natural with 500 cc sound bad, nevertheless depend on your skin elasticity, and other measure around your breast.  

Maria Cristina Picon, MD
Argentina Plastic Surgeon

Depends

+1

As commented on by other surgeons, it's hard to tell without examining you and seeing you in person. Judging from your measurements, it's not out of range for your height and weight. Just depends on how much breast tissue you have and how large you would like to go....Ive certainly placed those sizes in someone with similar measurements.

Patrick Hsu, MD, FACS

Who Chooses the Implant Size

+1

If your surgeon, who is supposed to be the expert in augmentation, makes you choose the implant size, I think you should talk to some other surgeons. You need to let him know verbally and with photos what your goal is. You have no knowledge of what an implant behind the tissues will look like. It is his job to make that decision.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Best Breast Implant Size/Profile for Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “too big”  or “natural” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.