I Am a 36J and I Want to Be a 36 C? I Am 4'10 and Weight 147 Lbs, Would That Be Possible?

Is that about the right size for someone my size? Would there be a lot of scaring?

Breast Size After Breast Reduction Surgery

+1

It is not possible to guarantee (or recommend) a specific cup size - especially without photos and/or an examination.  I recommend to my patients to bring in "goal photos" of what they would like to achieve and I do my best to achieve their goals (but with safety as the first priority).

Meet with well experienced plastic surgeons and discuss your goals in detail.

Best Wishes.

1400 gram per side

+1

To change from a 36 J to a 36 C would be 7 cup size reduction.  At 36 each cup size corresponds to 200 gram so you need 1400 gram reduction per breast (approximately 6 lbs).  Unfortunately, you did not provide any photographs and I cannot tell if size C would be appropriate.  There is a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Reduction which is done without any vertical scars (avoiding the boat anchor incisions), creates upper pole fullness and relieves pain by transferring the weight to the underlying muscle.  I would recommend this technique instead of excessive reduction.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Size after a breast reduction...

+1

is something that cannot be predicted with accuracy.  You can certainly be smaller (that is guaranteed) but size cannot be guaranteed.  You can advise your surgeon that he/she should be aggressive in trying to achieve your goals, understand revisions may be needed later. 

Curtis Wong, MD

What Size Will I Be After a Breast Reduction?

+1

Breast size is difficult to talk about because there are no standardized ways to measure it.  If you go to a lingerie department to get sized, you might get three or four different answers depending on the clerk, the bra style, and the brand.  Aftert a breast reduction most women end up being around half their starting size, but looking and feeling wauy better.  There are a variety of scar patterns that are possible.  The best one for you is something that you and your plastic surgeon could discuss. Most women feel that the trade off for scars was well worth it with this proceduire.   

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Breast reduction

+1

If you have extremely larger breasts, you sound like you might be a good candidate for a breast reduction.  An exam in person will give the surgeon an idea of whether or not the approximate volume you want is possible.

Scarring & Amount Of Reduction With Breast Reduction

+1

It probably is feasible to reduce your J cup breasts to a C cup.  The limiting factor is the preservation of sufficient tissue to insure proper healing of nipple-areolar area and incisions.  There is scarring which varies a good bit from patient to patient, but it is usually happily accepted.

John Whitt, MD