22 Y/O. 7 Years Post Mole Removal, Hole in My Face?

I am 22 years old girl and i have a hole on my face and its been 7 years and i am soo worried about this is there any treatment for this or not.and if yes then how many month will it take to recover

Mole removal scar expert

+1

An indented scar can be repaired using surgical excision techniques followed by layered closure of the wound. 

Mole Removal and Scar Revision

+1

Thank you for your question. Without seeing a picture or, better, examining you in person, it's difficult to say exactly what happened.  However, if you have a depressed or atrophic scar in the area where the mole was removed, this could be treated with a scar revision.  With meticulous removal of the area and layered closure, the contour can be improved.  Post-procedure treatments can then help with color and skin texture (such as laser treatments, peels, and steroid injections, as needed).  If you have a relationship with the provider who removed the mole, I would start with a conversation there.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mole removal

+1

Without seeing a photo or seeing you in person, this is difficult to assess.  I would recommend that you see a board certified facial plastic surgeon for an evaluation. 

Sam Naficy, MD

Scar post mole removal

+1

Scarring is expected after mole removal.  All scars improve overtime.  Some scars are raised and some are depressed.  Without seeing a picture it is difficult to advise you. 

Dina D. Strachan, MD

7 Years Post Mole Removal; Hole in Face

+1

Hi there,

The scar post mole removal can be improved in several different ways.  Fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm can be used to help decrease the appearance of the scar.  Since these are temporary fillers, the procedure will need to be repeated over time.  If you are looking for a more permanent option, at some practices, silicone microdroplet (an injectable silicone) technique is also used to help diminish the appearance of the hole.  In addition, a resurfacing laser treatment can be performed to minimize the scar appearance.

Good Luck!

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Scar from mole removal

+1

Any time something is removed there is a potential for some type of scarring or divet. If you have a photo, we could help you better evaluate your options.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD