I Am 22 and Have Breastfeed Two Children. Do You Think I Need a Lift, or Could I Just Get Implants? (photo)

As I said I have breastfeed two children for a total of 15months and am now planning breast augmentation for February 2013. I do not want a lift as I have seen the scar it leaves, although I know this could be a reality for me. What do you think?

Implant surgery will restore shape and volume

+2

Breast implants not only increase the size of the breasts, but can also change the shape. Small amounts of ptosis (droopiness) can be alleviated with the proper placement and selection of breast implants.

Based on the photos submitted, you would be an excellent candidate for breast implant surgery.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast surgery.

Good Luck!

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Great candidate for Implants

+2

Based on your photos, you appear to be a great candidate for breast augmentation. A comprehensive evaluation and examination by your local plastic surgeon will help you determine the best options for surgery.

Thank you for your question and photos. Best of luck!

Gregory Park, MD

Breast augmentation is a good treatment for pseudoptosis.

+2

The breasts in the photo look deflated but the nipple/areola has not desceded below the crease at the bottom of the breast.  This is called pseudoptosis (apparent but not real droopiness) caused by loss of volume after pregnancy.  A breast augmentation will solve the problem.

Do I need a lift?

+2

Thank you for your question and for providing the photos. It is impossible to give a definitive answer without an examination of your breasts. However, based on the photos, I would say that it would be possible for you to have a breast augmentation alone. Placement of the implant will help restore the volume of your breasts, particularly superiorly, or above the bra line. THis will give you the fullness up top that you have lost.

When the implants are placed, I would suggest a biplanar approach. This is used in women with first degree ptosis or when there is some slight laxity of the skin. This will allow the implant to fill out the lower pole of your breast and have a better shape.

Of course, some of this determination depends on the size of the implants that you are planning on using. If a conservative size is planned, it may be helpful to consider a periareolar lift. A larger size implant will better fill the breast pocket and avoid the need for this.

Best wishes with your breasts. I am sure that they will turn out great.

Jeff Rockmore

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Need for a lift?

+2

Thanks for sharing your photos.  Based on your photos, you may be able to achieve the fullness from implants alone.  However, without direct examination, I cannot tell you for certain whether you will only need implants vs. implants with circumareolar lift.  I recommend that you visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon so that he/she can examine you and perform a measurement. Good luck to you.

Sugene Kim, MD

Do You Think I Need a Lift

+2

Thank you for your question and for the photos. Nothing compares to an actual in person exam, but from these photos it appears to me that implants alone are a good choice. 

There are several ways that ideal nipple/areolar position are determined. One is a measurement from the top of the sternum (breast bone) and the distance to the nipple should be 20-22 cm, or 8-09 inches. 

The better measure is the relationship of the lowest part of the areola to the breast fold. It should be even with or above the fold and that looks about right from these photos. 

Thanks and best wishes for a great result.

BBA

+1
Depends on what look you really want. If you just want volume an implant will be fine but if you want rounder more coned breast you will need a lift

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Candidacy for Breast Augmentation After Breast Feeding

+1

Dear Katherine,

Thank you for sharing your photos along with your post.

Implants will provide you with an increase in the size of your breasts but will minimally alleviate the ptosis (drooping) you have developed after your preganancies and breastfeeding.

It is true that a lift will leave you with some scars but the optimal results and the perky look often desired by most patients in your situation will require a lift to be achieved.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Breast feeding and wanting implants

+1

you have classical post partum involution of the breasts after pregnancy and should do very well with breast augmentation

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

You will likely be able to get 90% of the results from a breast augmentation alone

+1

Thank you for the question and excellent photos.  I agree that you will likely be happy with a breast augmentation alone.  There is some room for a breast lift in terms of ideal results.  If, however, you would like to avoid a breast lift, a breast augmentation alone in your case could give you a good result.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD