I Am 17. Am I Too Young for a Brazilian Butt Lift?

Okay, Im a 17 year old senior and I have been researching this procedure for almost a year. I have horrible self esteem problems and Ive gained some weight since my freshman year of high school. I wanted to get a brazilian butt-lift. when I gain weight it all goes to my belly. I hate that. I am going to be 18 in about 3 months and I am more then positive that i want this procedure done. Problem is financing. I DONT GOT THE MONEY! But can any one give me some advice?

Cosmetic surgery like the Brazilian butt lift and age

+2

Cosmetic surgery in a young person is something you must consider carefully. One of things you must consider is if your mature enough to make a decision that's in your best interests. You must remember that surgery is not the answer to self-esteem. There are hundreds of postop surgery patients still have self-esteem problems after cosmetic surgery.

I think the goal of any cosmetic surgery should be to take away a problem area and make it a non-issue. The problem area that bothers you after the surgery should be an area that you just don't think about. Not something that you keep staring at in the mirror. And it is important to have confidence and self-esteem with it without the surgery. The worst thing I hate to hear is when a young patient tells me that there missing opportunities in their lives because they don't like something in their appearance. Don't miss anything.

Wanting a brazilian butt lift

+1

At the age of 17 years you may be not mature enough to undergo such an extensive procedure. Please discuss this with your parents since they need to be involved.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS