I Am 17 and Have Premature Wrinkles on my Forehead and in Between my Eyebrows, Can This Be Fixed in a Non-surgical Way?

Botox For Forehead Wrinkles and Lines Between Eyebrows

+1

The wrinkles on your forehead and between your eyebrows are most likely due to muscle contractions in those areas of your face.  This may have also been coupled with sun damage to your skin, making it more susceptible to wrinkling.

Botox or Dysport can be used as a starting point to relax these muscles. Since you are seventeen, you may need the consent of your parents.

Both of these injections work in a similar fashion.

Here is an example of a patient who experienced better results with Dysport

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Nonsurgical treatments for premature forehead wrinkles

+1

Hello ajp101.  Premature wrinkles in someone as young as you are is usually due to a combination of genetics, hyperactive forehead muscles, and excessive sun exposure.  Without having seen a picture of you, my guess is that you have fair skin with either red or blond hair.  The lower the Fitzpatrick scale, the higher your susceptibility to the damaging effects of ultraviolet light from sun exposure.  The good news is there are several non-surgical options to treat these early wrinkles.  I have written about these extensively in the blog section of my website- newportplasticsurgery.com which you are free to peruse.  Briefly, you can use a neurotoxin such as Botox or Dysport to help relax the forehead muscles that create the wrinkles in the first place.  In addition, a light chemical peel which can be done in the office will help resurface your skin and remove sun-damaged spots as well as some fine lines and wrinkles.  Preventative measures are also critical, including avoiding excessive sun exposure, use a sun block daily, eating a healthy diet, and avoid smoking, which can lead to premature aging changes on top of all the other deleterious effects it has.  Hope that helps! -Dr.92660

Parviz Goshtasby, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon