I Am 17 and Have Developed Premature Wrinkles Under my Eyes over the Last Six Months?

After using a cream with retinol for five days 6months ago, I woke up one morning and I had developed wrinkles under my eyes overnight. I stopped using the retinol, and started moisturizing with argan oil and spectro cream. I have continued to do this over the past six months twice a day. The wrinkles have continued to get worse each night. I do not smoke, I drink lots of water and get lots of sleep. I am on birth control but have been for 2 years. Why is this happening? I was sunburnt a lot as a child.

+1

While being sunburned does contribute to wrinkles, especially in the delicate skin in the under-eye area, it is unusual that wrinkles would present themselves at such a young age without other contributing factors (dehydration, smoking, etc.). My guess is that everything you have used under your eyes, including the retinol cream from a few months ago, has caused irritation resulting in dryness and mild swelling that would make the skin appear wrinkled. Try using Aquaphor or even Vaseline under your eyes for the next week and see if it doesn't improve. Good luck!