I Am 15 with a Cup Size Bigger Breast What Should I Do in Till I Am Old Enough for Surgery?

my right breast is a B36 and my left breast is an A34. No one I know in my family has this issue. I feel like im running out of optionss because my right breast seems to grow farely quickly and my left has be the same size for over a year. Also is there a chance my left breast could grow anymore? I know I should talk to my doctor about this but I cant wait any longer to get answers.

Talk to Someone Now, Or Wait Until You're About 19 Years Old

+2
Having a daughter myself, I understand the distress you may be feeling about this problem.

Your body will continue to change until you reach maturity in your late teens/early 20s. After that, your breasts will continue to change in size and shape with such factors as age, pregnancy and weight gain/loss. As a result, nobody can say for certain whether your breasts will continue to grow in size or not. There is a chance they could or couldn't. Keeping this in mind, you may want to wait until you're 19 or so to see how your breasts have developed. By this time, you may find that they've become more similar in size/shape and you could be happy with how you look! I know it seems like a long time to wait, but cosmetic surgery at your age is probably not a good option right now as your body is still developing. If you get surgery now while your body is developing, your results may be negatively affected and you may have to get yet another surgery done later on. 
It's important to know that breasts are not usually symmetrical. It is very common for one breast to be a different size/shape than the other. After consulting with patients and performing breast augmentation thousands of times over 15 years, believe me - asymmetry is totally normal.

For now, why not schedule a consultation with a surgeon for their advice? You won't have to go ahead with surgery, but it's a great way to find out what kind of options you have to address your concern.
Wishing you the best of luck.

Waiting to grow with breast asymmetry

+2

Breast asymmetry to a minor degree is fairly common, though sometimes a full cup size difference, and even shape difference can make it look like your breasts belong to two different people. Until you are older, you will have to use a bra and pad to cover the difference. This takes serious bra shopping, and maintain a lean physically active lifestyle. By age 18 see a plastic surgeon in your area for help. (do keep your pictures off the internet)

I Am 15 with a Cup Size Bigger Breast

+2

There really are no absolutes when it comes to age and surgery, This is an appropriate time to at least begin conversations with a surgeon.

RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

The primary reason to wait until breast development is complete. For example, if a surgeon today made you symmetric through surgery, and only one breast continues to grow, you would find yourself facing another surgery in the near future. 

However, that may not be totally unacceptable. Physicians always balance the benefits and risks of surgery, and it may be that after discussing with your parents, your personal physician and a plastic surgeon that you might accept the likelihood of having another surgery in several years. 

Make sure that when you make an appointment that the office knows your age so that you can exclude any surgeons that won't do breast surgery on a 15 year old. 

Thanks, best wishes. 

Thank your for your question, best wishes.

Breast asymmetry in teen

+2

Please be reassured that the asymmetry you are describing is VERY common!  Surgical correction is often possible (I generally recommend enlarging the smaller side), but I do recommend waiting until your breasts have fully developed.  If breast augmentation surgery is performed prior to that time, the right side could continue to grow and you would be left uneven again.  In the meantime, look for bras with removable pads (Victoria's secret has a nice selection) and remove the padding from your larger side.  It is possible that you were born with a lack of breast tissue on the left in which case cosmetic surgery might be covered by your medical insurance.

Andrew Jimerson, MD

Uneven breasts in minor

+2

Since your breasts have not fully matured and developed, it would be best for you to wait until you are at least 18 to get saline saline implants or 22 for silicone gel implants.  In the meantime, using silicone inserts in your bra can help even volume appearance in clothing. You should consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to begin discussing options and time line for correcting your asymmetry.  Don't jump into surgery to quickly, because if your breast(s) continue to grow and change, you may need a second surgery.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

First talk to your parents

+2

At your age, you need parental consent to do anything. Then get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss the options. Also most of us would wait until your breast stabilize.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Time is not running out

+2
From a surgical perspective, the optimal time for correction of developmental asymmetry of the breasts is when your breast development has been completed. However, you and your parents should explore surgical correction. There are a variety of options including augmenting both breast, augmenting the smaller one, reduction or lift on the larger one, etc. There will be plenty of decisions to be made A parent must be present during a consultation as you are still a minor. Best of luck to you.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Uneven breasts at age 15

+2

Take a deep breath. It is fairly normal to have breasts which are a bit uneven. At 15, my guess is that your breast will still develop more, especially if you started your menstrual cycle a little older. In any event I think you are a bit too young to have surgery. I would wait at least another year or so. In the meantime discuss this with your parents. Also, go to a god lingerie store where they can help you buy some inserts you can wear in your bra.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Uneven breasts at 15 years old

+2

My recommendation is for you to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation with your parents. Although your breasts may continue to change for the next few years, these teenage years are difficult with your situation.

Many options are available to you, but typically requires some surgery of both breasts to obtain symmetry. Some modification "may" be necessary in a few years, but not all the time. It would make your teen years a lot easier on you if they looked closer.

Good luck. At the least I would recommend you discuss things with a surgeon who can help educate you and your parents as to your options even if you decide to wait on surgery.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+2

At 15 your breasts are probably still growing. I would wait until they stop growing before considering possible surgery get improve the symmetry.  You must get your parent's permission to see a plastic surgeon. Good luck.