I Am 115 Pounds and I Have a Indentation on my Hip?

I am tall, about 5'8. Everyone says I have the perfect body but I don't. It's annoying, I cannot wear skin tight clothes. I refuse to wear a bathing suit in public and I am just irritated with my body. How can I fix the indentation on my hips? I have heard of fat injections but would like to view any other options before I turn to plastic surgery. If you have any educated answer, please help. Also, I have tried gaining weight but my hips have stayed the same and still has the indent. Thank you!!

I think your friends are right. Embrace the beauty of yourself and wear bikinis. I am having trouble seeing where the problem is

Ideal Body Contour

Thanks for the photo.  Your body contour is good. A series of fat grafting would provide some improvement but due to your slim stature (lack of fat) this would be a "long climb for a short slide." Embrace the beauty of YOU!

Dr. ES

Fat or Sculptra for hip indentations

I have been very pleased with Sculptra as a way to fill out buttock and hip indentations. I find that the procedure requires little to no downtime and is office based. I have done minor dimples, hips, and even full buttock augmentations. Albeit the latter is for people who want a modest augmentation and with little fat to donate. At times, if the indentation is associated with a scar, then subcision or a scar release may also be warranted.

Fat grafting is another great option.  However, you may not very many options as far as donor regions.

Indentation on Hips

Thank you for the photo and your question about your hip indentation.

The position of your back, hips and knees suggests that the problem may arise from spine/hip/knee alignment. I suggest that you consult a Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon specializing in this area.  

A series of fat injections may improve the appearance if there is no better answer and a small custom implant could do the same.

But your friends are also right - you have an elegant figure regardless of the indentation and that's something to be proud of as well. Best wishes!

Fat transfer results can be limited by how much donor fat is available.

Yes, fat transfer is an option.  One of my concerns, however, is that you may not have enough fat to "donate" to fill your hips to the desired contour.  Proceed with care.

Windell C. Davis-Boutte, MD
Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Indentation on Hip

Due to the positioning of the hips and the stance, I find it hard to evaluate this properly.  I can tell you that an exam can very easily sort this issue out.  If you have pinchable fat on the side opposite the dent, liposuction of the area may be possible to make them symmetric.  If you do not have fat on the opposite side, fat grafting may be the answer to the indented side.  Finally, hip and bony asymmetry is common, and there may not be an easy fix to the problem.  Please seek out the best credentialed board certified plastic surgeon for your concerns.