I Am 11 Days Post Op Breast Reduction. My Chest is Sore in Ways It Wasn't Before. Should I Worry? (photo)

I have had a great recovery thus far, but I am starting to feel deep pain above mg breasts. Could this be from simply becoming more active? Also, my incisions around my nipples are red and itchy, should I be concerned? Thanks

Pain After Breast Reduction

I am glad to hear that your pain has resolved and that you are enjoying the breast reduction result. 

New pain following a breast reduction

As you become more active it is common to have different types of pain.  This should not effect your recovery in any way.  

Pain after breast reduction

From your photos, it appears that everything is healing well.  More than likely you are experiencing more pain from the added level of activity.  If you have pain, and increased swelling/redness in one or both breasts, I would contact your PS for evaluation.  Itching on the incisions is very common in many surgeries.

Good Luck

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Sore Chest after Breast Reduction

It is typical to have soreness in and around the areas of operation after breast reduction.  The discomfort in these areas will resolve with time.  If you are having pain that is not controlled by pain medication that would be of concern.  Your result is excellent and your recovery will hopefully will continue to go well.

Dr. ES

I Am 11 Days Post Op Breast Reduction. My Chest is Sore in Ways It Wasn't Before. Should I Worry?

Results i the posted photos appear great and in early phase of healing. Best to call ans SEE your surgeon to evaluate your issues. 

Sore after Breast Reduction?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure. Based on your photographs, it appears that your plastic surgeon has done a very nice job for you.  There is nothing in the pictures that raises concerns.

Your description of the discomfort you are feeling is not unusual;  of course, your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to advise and/or reassure you.

11 days post breast lift

At 1 days after a breast lift, it sound like your recovery is going smoothly. Some discomfort is normal and should get better with time.  Incisions at this time can get dry. Contact your doctor to see what they prefer in terms of moisturizers.

Pain after reduction

Generally the pain lessens day by day but can change in nature.  It's very common to have some weird aches and pains as you become more active and your breast nerves start to regenerate.  This can be anything from pins and needles to sharp zapping sensations.  I recommend that my patients take some ibuprofen when they are your postoperative stage because that will usually help a lot. 

The itching around your suture lines is normal.  It is due to the histamine in the healing wounds.  Some over the counter Benadryl might help.

By the way, you look great!  Have you sent your surgeon flowers?

Lisa L. Sowder, MD