I Am 3 1/2 Weeks Post Op from my Breast Augmentation. When a Couple Days Ago my Left Feels Like Its on Fire. Clothing Hurts?

+1

I recommend you see your surgeon to make sure you don't have an infection.

However, your symptoms are most likely related to nerve recovery following your operation. Many patients describe burning discomfort or shooting sensations.

You can reduce your discomfort by desensitizing the painful areas - try rubbing and squeezing these spots. Although unpleasant at first, these exercises will quickly become more comfortable and your symptoms will start to lessen.

Good luck!

Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Left Breast Feels Like Its on Fire. Clothing Hurts

+1

Although this is probably nerve pain and is self-limited, these could be symptoms of an implant infection, so a call to your surgeon is the best advice I can give. Once infection is excluded as a possibility, there are some options to discuss with your surgeon. Often this type of symptom improves with time and massage. 

If the symptoms are limiting your ability to function, sometimes a trial of Neurontin can help.

Thanks for your question, best wishes.

Pain and dysesthesia of L. breast 3.5 weeks after breast augmentation

+1

The symptoms that you are describing where your breast feels like it's on fire and clothing touching your skin is painful, is an uncommon but benign occurrence and self-limited in nature. Typically, this is related to stretching or bruising of nerves from the surgery. Usually in short order this will disappear.

Your descriptions do not sound like an infection and you do not mention redness or an acute onset of swelling. Nevertheless, you should notify your surgeon of these symptoms. He/she may either want to see you or obtain a clearer description of your situation.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Breast Augmentation Recovery

+1

I am sorry to hear you are feeling so much discomfort following your breast augmentation.  By three and half weeks, I would be somewhat concerned that you may be experiencing an infection.  If there is redness or fever, this would most likely be the case.  Otherwise, it may be some internal bruising that you are still experiencing.  I would make an appointment with your plastic surgeon to make sure that you do not have a breast infection. There should also some suggestions that may help you remain comfortable while you continue to recover.   Good luck to you. 

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Burning of breast following augmentation

+1

If you are only having the sensation of a deep burn or ache especially when clothing rubs against your breast then this is a dyesthesia.   It is due to a stretching or bruising of the nerves to the breast.  This will improve over time with symptomatic care including massage. If you breast is red, warm and tender then you may have an infection.  In either case contact your plastic surgeon for treatment options.  

Breast feels like fire

+1

A fire sensation may suggest an infection. If this is very painful and the breast is red, and you have a fever then it is likely. Best to go over it with your doctor.

Burning after augment

+1
Burning can reflect return of sensation to the nerves. However, you must be vigilant because, if accompanied by chills, fever or streaking, this could indicate an infection.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

3.5 Weeks after Breast Augmentation : Breast on Fire?

+1

If you have no fever, chills, spreading redness, or volume change to your breast, this sensation most likely represents nerve return and should improve with time.

Pain after Breast Augmentation

+1

Unusual pains after a breast augmentation this time frame out can be common. As long as you are not running a temperature, the breasts look fine and it is something that is intermittent, you should be fine. Most all of these symptoms will go away with time. If it is persistent and problematic, I would contact your surgeon to be examined. 

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon