I Had 0.8ml of Juvederm Injection for my Laugh Lines and After 8 Hrs I Had Sex with my Husband?

Its Been 2 Weeks Since I Had the injection and the redness and swelling has been subsided.But I could not find any noticeable results.Is this because I had sex or because just 0.8 ml was not enough.

Juvederm, Laugh Lines, and Sex

+2

Thanks for your post. Congratulations on both activities and I am pleased to tell you that although we don't encourage strenuous activity such as you described for at least a day, I doubt that sex 8 hours following your Juvederm had any effect. We are mainly worried about bruising more than anything else.

No Results after 0.8 ml of Juvederm

+1

The 0.8 ml of Juvederm may not have been enough.  The sex probably had nothing to do with the filler.

Juvederm for Laugh Lines

+1

Hi, thanks for your great post.  Volume is the key for any filler procedure.  If you are not getting the result that you want, the most likely culprit is that you didn't get enough filler.  The activity afterwards should not affect the distribution. 

Stephen M. Chen, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

I syringe of Juvederm is not enough for laugh lines

+1

Juvederm is great filler, but 0.8 cc (1 syringe) is not enough for the laugh lines.  Your activity after the injection did not influence the result, you will need more Juvederm!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm for smile lines

+1

Dear senorita

• Sex will not affect the area injected
  • It is more likely that you did not get enough
  • I frequently have to put at least 2 syringes into the smile lines for a good result

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

.8 ML of Juvederm in laugh lines... If this enough?

+1

.8 ml Juvederm is probably not enough for most people.  Also be sure it is Juvederm Ultra Plus, because it's thicker and will provide more volume than Juvederm Ultra, which is a softer product.  Activity after the treatment, including sex, will not make it go away. 

Sam Naficy, MD

Do not blame yourself, your activity had nothing to do with it. You just need more juvaderm.

+1

It had nothing to do with your activity. You need more juvaderm.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

You need more product

+1

Your having sex right surgery would not change the outcome of your injection. You probably need to see your injector again for a touchup

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Having Sex after Juvederm; 'Instant results", never thought about it in that sense

+1

Juvederm and other fillers are very popular because the "cosmetic results" are seen immediately.  Having sex right after treatment will not affect the results at all.  You propably just need more Juvederm.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Was enough Juvederm injected?

+1

It has nothing to do with your sexual encounter. It has everything to do with the amount of Juvederm used, or the injector. You simply needed more than one syringe of filler for full correction. Consider making a follow-up appointment with your injector for an evaluation.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD