Need a Hysterectomy. Should I get This Before/After/Same Time as Mini Tuck and Lipo?

I know I need a hysterectomy, and have discussed different, surgery options. I am wondering should i have a laproscopic vag hyst. now and lipo and a mini tuck in the future. Or can I do both of those at the same time? Or should opt for an abdominal hyst and have my tuck at the same time. I have read on this site that the hysterectomy cuts much deeper than a mini tuck.

Mini Tuck and Hysterectomy

+1

I have performed tummy tuck surgery at the same operation as a hysterectomy.  I have not performed liposuction at the same operation as a laproscopic hysterectomy.   I understand the “want” of having them both performed under one general anesthetic.   It probably is best to discuss what is the best MEDICAL option, the medical side of the surgery, with the GYNECOLOGIST making sure that he/she is okay with the cosmetic surgery at the same operation.  Sure liposuction is a safe procedure.  It really depends on the patient’s overall health and medical condition. 

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Hysterectomy and mini tuck

+1

If there is a relationship between a gynecologist and board certified plastic surgeon, then it is possible to perform the a mini tuck and hysterectomy. If you need a full abdominoplasty, then the complications would be too great. If there is no existing relationship, then you should proceed with the hysterectomy first.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Abdominoplasty with hysterectomy

+1

There is quite a bit of literature to suggest that combining a full abdominoplasty with a hysterectomy increases the complication rate of the abdominoplasty procedure. Most surgeons would suggest just approaching the two surgeries as separate procedures. If you truly are a good candidate for a skin only mini-abdominoplasty, then it might be appropriate to combine it with a abdominal hysterectomy. There really are very few patients, however, that are good candidates for a mini-abdominoplasty. I would be less likely to consider completing a full abdominoplasty with a hysterectomy. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty and hysterectomy can often be done together.

+1

Hi.

1)  You do need a gynecologyst and a plastic surgeon who are comfortable working together.

2)  You did not ask this, but I think you should know that very few women are helped by a mini tummy tuck, because it does not correct anything above the belly button.  Many women just need liposuction.  Otherwise we usually do a full abdominoplasty.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Hysterectomy and tummy tuck

+1

Thank you for the question. Both options are good and both have disadvantages. and risks. You need to discuss your surgery with both the gyn and the plastic surgeon. My preference is to do them in two separate surgeries.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Hysterectomy and abdominoplasty procedure

+1

As long as it is a simple hysterectomy not for cancer and relatively easy to do, it is quite possible to have an abdominoplasty or mini-tummy tuck done at the same time.

Hysterectomy and tummy tuck timing

+1

Hi, it is certainly possible to perform the hysterectomy and tummy tuck/lipo in one setting but the risk of complications has been shown to be slightly higher, so personally I recommend splitting the surgeries and have the tummy and lipo done after the hysterectomy wound is healed. a tummy tuck/lipo are cosmetic operations and are not worth any increase in risk.

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS

Often times, a tummy tuck and liposuction can be done at the same time as a hysterectomy but it does slightly increase your risk

+1

Often times, a tummy tuck and liposuction can be done at the same time as a hysterectomy but it does slightly increase your risk of complications, specifically infection and/or clots in your legs.

Discusss the with your gynecologic surgeon. If he/she thinks it is okay, then he/she can send you to see a plastic surgeon for a full evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Maybe

+1

Talk to  your gynecologist. If they think it is a good idea, they will send you to a plastic surgeon they work with and the two procedures may be done at the same time. If they cant be done at the same time, do the gyn procedure first. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Combined procedures

+1

It is always possible to do these surgeries together mainly to save money and recovery time is together.  However. There are more risks in doing these procedures together and different planes of surgery as you already have alluded to.  Good luck after discussing fully with both mds

Sanjay Lalla, MD, FACS
West Orange Plastic Surgeon