Is It Necessary to Have a Hysterectomy if Your Fibroids Dont Bother and you Want a Tummy Tuck? Should I Do the Lipo Instead?

yes would like to know if its nesscary to have hysterectomy if my fibroids do bother me i want tummy tuck but have fibroids

Decision for Tummy Tuck or Lipo With Gyn Surgery

+1

It is possible to combine tummy tucks or liposuction with a gynecological procedure.  However asymptomatic fibroids do not need to be removed.  Your decision to have Gyn surgery is separate and independent of the decision to have plastic surgery of your abdomen.  Choosing between a tummy tuck and liposuction depends upon your goals, expectations, body build, skin laxity, location of fat....among other things.  A consultation with an experieced PS certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery will help with that portion of your decision.

Having Uterine Fibroids which cause NO Symptoms is NOT a Reason to have a hysterectomy

+1

Every operation should have one or more convincing reasons; Doctors refer to them as INDICATIONS. Hysterectomies are performed for a variety of conditions which cannot be treated well by non-surgical means (such as malignancy, large or bleeding fibroids etc). Millions of women have fibroids and that in itself is not a reason for a hysterectomy.

As regards Tummy Tuck its indications are loose skin (especially above the belly button) and muscle separation. Liposuction will NOT correct these but is indicated for excess fat under the skin. If you have loose skin you may want to consider a Tummy Tuck but if you have excess skin thenm Liposuction may be what you need. It is best to see one or more Plastic surgeons and see what he/they suggest as YOUR best options.

Uterine Fibroids and Tummy Tuck

+1

If your fibroids are so large that they push your lower abdomen forward, then a tummy tuck may not be useful. This issue should be addressed with your gynecologists.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Fibroid Surgery and Tummy Tuck?

+1

Indications for hysterectomy should be discussed with your OB/GYN physician.  You should also be evaluated by a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss the best option for your specific situation. The presence of fibroids do not contraindicate either tummy tuck or liposuction surgery.

+1

Much to detailed a question for over the internet response. What size, # are the fibroid/s? Are they bleeding? How much excess skin in abdomen? Is there a diastasis? ECTC. In person examination is your best route.