How Much Does a Hysterectomy Cost?

I had a c-section to have my son and it went terribly wrong. The result was having 2 main arteries severed, bleeding out, intensive care and being told not to have anymore kids. With that being said I am 28 & the chances of me having any more kids is slim. I am left having painful periods and ovulation since and pain all the time. How much it would cost if I chose to get a hysterectomy and if it not covered by insurance how much would it cost?

Hysterectomy

+1

You need to see a gynecologist for an exam to see what your options are.  If there are good indications for a hysterectomy, your insurance should cover it.  Good luck!

How Much Does a Hysterectomy Cost?

+1

Sorry you are having so many problems. As this is a website for cosmetic plastic surgical procedures, no one is going to be able to give you any advice about gynecological surgery. Hysterectomy is a very common operation and you should have no trouble finding a GYN surgeon in your area to consult with. If you have health insurance, that will pay for the surgery less whatever your deductable is.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Insurance should cover it

+1

Hello Sarah,

A hysterectomy should be covered by your insurance company.  Given your history of complications secondary to a medical procedure the pain associated with your hysterectomy would fall under issues secondary to prior surgical procedures.  Please discuss these options with your gynecologist as he/she will be the best person to guide you along this process.

Thanks,

Dr. Remus Repta 

Remus Repta, MD

This is not a GYN website.

+1

I'm not certain why we are getting some money gynecologic questions. As a plastic surgeon I do not know what a hysterectomy costs.

How Much Does a Hysterectomy Cost?

+1

Most hysterectomies are covered by insurance. 

Not too many plastic surgeons would claim expertise in indications for hysterectomy, nor about costs. An evaluation by your OB/Gyn, or a different one should you so choose would be the proper source for the info you request. 

All the best. 

Hysterectomy cost

+1

This question is best posed to your OB/GYN.   Hysterectomy procedures are usually covered by insurance.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS