Are these consider "Hypoplastic"/"tubular" breasts? (Photo)

Would augmentation be a lot more difficult and expensive for me? With augmentation, could my breasts ever look "normal"? Something like the "after" in this photo?  I hope I can get them fixed and soon. You just have no idea how badly it effects my self esteem. =(

Tubular breast

+1

I do believe that you'll benefit from breast implants and they will help you improve your look.

In regards to cost, the range is: $3500-4500

Dr. Campos

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tubular breasts

+1
Your breasts appear tubular and you would benefit from a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Through the same incision, implants can be placed. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Are these consider "Hypoplastic"/"tubular" breasts?

+1
Yes + more. You have a left severe tuberous deformity, right very mild tuberous deformity, hypoplasia, wise seated chest wall spacing. You will need a series of operations to gain an acceptable result in my over the internet opinion. Best to seek ONLY IN PERSON consults from boarded PSs in your city/state./// 

Hypoplastic breasts

+1
I think that you have small ( hypoplastic) breasts. Everyone's shape is a bit different and they all treated individually. Implants shoudl be fine for you, but an exam is key.

?tubtlar breasts

+1
A name for your breast shape isn't as important as a careful assessment as an experienced breast surgeon.  you will likely need some modification of the skin envelope on the right side and a careful assessment of breast implant options.

Terrence Murphy, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Hypoplastic breasts

+1
You have a variant of breast hypop[lasia on the left and a tubular-like breast on the right. A carefully done asymmetric breast augmentation  gives you the best opportunity of having normal looking breasts. I would  consult 2 or 3 PS who can show you photos. You  surgery is very much technique dependent.

I wish you well !

Don Fontana, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Hypoplastic and tubular breasts

+1
Thank you for your question and photo.  The left breast is small for hypoplastic and the right breast is tubular.  Staged breast augmentation on the right or possibly soft tissue expansion on the right followed by bilateral breast augmentation with implants should significantly help your breast appearance.  Please consult an expert board certified plastic surgeon who has experience treating tuberous breasts.  You need a surgeon who is experienced at treating tuberous breasts.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

?Tubular breasts and augmentation

+1
Your breasts are hypoplastic because they have relatively too little volume.  Your breasts are "tuberous" because they have a narrow base.  Augmentation with an appropriate size and base diameter implant will significantly improve their appearance.

Robert Stroup, Jr., MD, FACS
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Tubular

+1
Yes on bothe counts and yes they should normal with an appropriate  augmentation.  You should get an excellent result

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Yes, I think your breasts do demonstrate some of the characteristics seen with tuberous (constricted) breasts.

Some of the characteristics seen with tuberous breasts include a very narrow base, short distance from areola to inframammary fold, tight (constricted) lower pole of the breasts, relatively wide space between the breasts, "puffy" and areola and some degree of ptosis (drooping).  

Generally,  correction of tuberous breast anomalies involves breast augmentation with areola reduction / mastopexy procedure. The distance from the inframammary fold is increased (to create a more rounded out appearance). Proper implant positioning improves the distance (cleavage) between the breasts. The areola reduction helps to treat the pointed and "puffy" appearance of the areola.

In the most severe cases of tuberous breast, a more complete breast lift may also be necessary.  In many cases however, a lift is not necessary. The patient should be aware that the final result will take months to see and that they will need to be patient and that revisionary surgery is more likely than in patients who do not present with tuberous (constricted) breasts.

In your case, if the appearance/shape/size of the breasts are a concern,  you may be an excellent candidate for corrective surgery. This would best be done when you are ( and you may already be there)  close to your long-term stable weight. Surgery will likely involve breast augmentation and some degree of breast lifting.

When you are ready, please make sure you consult with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who have significant experience with this type of surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to tuberous breasts), helps.