Do I Have Hypoplastic Tubular Breasts? (photo)

ive always had what i thought was odd shaped breasts since i started developing and im really self concious about them. Ive done some research into tubular breasts and compared myself to other peoples photos and i look similar to alot of people. I know if i were to have surgery id have to lose weight as im currently obese which makes it even more bizarre why my breasts are so small i thought, i was just wondering if any doctors could confirm if i do have tubular breasts or not? i also have pcos.

Breast shape

+1

It appears your have breast ptosis (sagging) and a mild degree of a narrow breast base (although I would need to formally examine you to confirm this).    I concur with my colleagues here, please continue to lose weight as you plan.  Once your weight has stablized, then I think it would be OK for you to consider cosmetic breast surgery.  Best of luck.

Tuberous breasts

+1

By definition, tubverous breasts are those which have a narrow base and breast tisue protruding into a wide areola.  Often the breasts are also small.

Your photos demonstrate what appear to be large C cup breasts with a wide base and no breast tissue protruding into the areola.  So, no, you do not have tuberous breasts.  You do have ptotic (sagging) breasts which may or may not be proportionate to your overall build.

If you ever opt for surgical correction, you should definitely lose as much of the excess weight as possible first, see what you are left with, then see an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Robert Stroup, Jr., MD, FACS
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Tubular Breasts?

+1

From the photos, it looks like you have breast ptosis and as you lose weight, you will see that the breasts will change in shape and size. It is in your best interest to be at a long term, stable weight prior to having surgery.

Once you have lost the weight, make sure that you visit with a well experienced plastic surgeon to discuss breast lifting as well as possible breast implants.