Hypopigmentation Spots After Tca Peel? Any Options?

Hello. I'm a 26 yr old male. Two years ago I tried a tca peel (under 15%). Was done AT HOME, NOT by a doctor, very dumb choice by me. I reposted to make it clear it wasn't done by a doctor. Anyways, I noticed some very white areas on my face and also accompanied with it hair was removed on parts of my face. Post-Inflammatory Hypopigmentation? Have you ever seen this get better and what can I do?(the marks are lighter than sun damaged/undamaged skin.)Thank you, this has been hard.

Home peels are dangerous

+1

Home peels are dangerous. It is hard enough for dermatologists to be control the depth of a peel. For the inexperienced home user it is impossible. Loss of pigmentation from a peel is a sign of deep penetration of the TCA. It is irreversible after two years. There are methods for improving hypopigmentation but a dermatologist would have to see the skin face to face to make an accurate recommendation.

Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

TCA peel hypopigmentation

+1

It is difficult to answer your question without seeing you and examining your skin, however by 2 years I doubt you will see any improvement in your hypopigmentation. I strongly recommend you see a dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has experience in peels to provide you with a consultation. They may have some suggestions.

Albert Dabbah, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon