Will Hypopigmentation After IPL Get Better?

Will the hypopigmentation from IPL improve with time and if so, for how much time? Or should I start considering Active FX? No one where I live seems to have an answer.

Hypopigmentation after IPL is a difficult problem.

+3

Dear CG23,

I read your question and review, and I'm sorry this happened. I have a Palomar StarLux IPL, and I gave up trying to treat melasma. Fortunately, I never saw loss of pigment . I was just never able to get any significant improvement.

Most of the patients that have consulted me about melasma have been darker skinned (Asian / Hispanic) making them poor candidates for PhotoFacials from the start.

I've heard promising things about laser treatments to stimulate pigment production, but I have no experience with this.

Hopefully one of the other RealSelf docs will be able to point you in the right direction.

Good luck, and best regards.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon