Hypopigmentation from IPL Due to Residual Tan, Options? (photo)

Today is march 21 and I had ipl done on Sept 20!It has been 6months since&I need help with hypopigmentation.1st of all, I was planning on getting my whole leg and bikini area done.I had one treatment which lead to a burn.The naturopathic doctor who performed the ipl said that i must have had residual tan left which was burned off in the process.She said once I started tanning again, the pigment would come back.the hypo areas arent white they are just lighter (normal skin tone).would tannin help

Please don't tan

+1

I'm sorry this happened to you. It's purely overtreatment and a really bad burn that led to this. Unfortunately, hypopigmentation happens when the skin is burned badly, resulting in patches or white bars where the treatment head was used. Please don't tan though. It disturbs me to no end that anyone would recommend this to you because tanning is another type of burn, which will lead to aging, wrinkles, and skin cancer. It's purely a terrible idea. I would recommend you no longer see this person, as this is about the worst idea you can give someone with hypopigmentation as those spots will burn and fry because there's no pigment there! Please visit a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for an evaluation and treatment plan.