Can These Hypertrophic Scars Be Removed or Improved?

For all my life, I never had many moles on my body. That changed several years ago, so I decided to get rid of some of them. They used laser to "burn them off", which caused hypertrophic scarring. The scars are now healed, over 2 years old. I'm 23 and quite frankly, this procedure has ruined my life and is taking a huge toll on my self confidence. Is there anything that can be done to improve the appearance of those scars? I'm willing to pay virtually anything to get rid of this problem.

Hypertrophic scar treatment in Los Angeles

+1

I treat a lot of hypertrophic scars and the redness and thickness can certainly be improved with laser and scar management. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Hypertrophic scarring

+1

Sorry to hear your body has a tendency to heal with thickened scarring.  This kind of scarring is likely to improve with a series of cortisone injections.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist