Hypertrophic Scar from Nose Piercing? (photo)

I have had a nose piercing for about two years. After a lot of infections irritation I decided to remove it. After doing so, a bump had formed. I went to a general doctor and she said that it was hypertrophic scarring. It has been two months since I removed the piercing but the bumps is still there. I have been religiously applying Bio Oil everynight but nothing seems to be happening. This is really unattractive, and at this point I'm not sure what to do. Will this be here forever? Please help.

Repairing a nose piercing scar

+1

Nose piercing scars can be corrected with surgical scar revision.  Oils and creams will likely not improve this condition.

Hypertrophic scarring

+1

It does look like you have hypertrophic scarring of your nose. It sometimes takes as long as one year or longer for these scars to soften and fade.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS