Hypertrophic or Keloid Scars Post Breast Reduction? (photo)

I am 5 months post operative and a month or two ago experienced widening of the incisions, I am wondering if they look to be hypertrophic or keloid. I am wearing silicone patches daily, is there any other recommended treatment?

Mild hypertrophic scar at areola border

+1

Thank you for the question and photos.  It may be that you have a mild case of hypertrophic scar at the areola border and some scar widening at the vertical incision.  I would continue to let your body heal at this time.  Silicone tape may help as well as wearing a supportive bra.  Some of it may fade on its own with time.  A small scar revision may be reasonable down the road but it may not be either worth it nor needed.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/breast-reduction.cfm

Scars after Breast Reduction

+1

Your scars look a bit wide but are not hypertrophic or keloid type scars. Ask your plastic surgeon if silicone sheets would be good for you.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Hypertrophic or Keloid Scars Post Breast Reduction?

+1

Dear S; These are very acceptable post reduction hypertrophic scars. You can try to treat with the sheeting or IPL lasers. 

Post breast reduction scars

+1

The scar is more consistent with mild hypertrophy and widening, not keloid. The widening is most likely due to weight of the breast tissues on the scar. I agree with you using the silicone patch. I also recommend that you wear support bra as much as possible. 

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery