Hyperpigmentation Treatment for Recovering SJS Patient?

I've got hyperpigmentation spots all over my body after recovering from Steven-Johnson Syndrome.

Is the IPL laser the best way to get rid of these spots? It hurts like crazy and the spots are slowly fading. I just had my third treatment. Please offer any suggestions. I'll pay anything and travel anywhere to get my skin close to normal. I attached a picture of my arm. Thanks for your advice.

Hyperpigmentation from SJS

+1

You don't say how long it has been since you had SJS.  However, it looks like you still have some redness, along with hyperpigmentation, which makes me wonder if you episode was within the last several months.  I think that the most important thing to do is wait and to protect yourself vigilantly from the sun (by which I mean, cover up, and if you are wearing light clothing, wear a zinc oxide sunscreen as well).

IPL and bleaching creams help with surface pigment, but they don't help as much with deeper pigment.  

Houston Dermatologist

Hyperpigmentation after SJS

+1

I've treated such cases. Although time does heal many wounds, sun protection & avoidance, and a great bleaching cream mixture from your dermatologist are more effective and cheaper and less painful.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon