Hyperpigmentation Treatment for Brown Spots on Upper Lip?

I am a 37 year old female. I have brown patches/spots on my upper lip that seem to be getting darker. I have always used sunscreen on my face especially that area and it doesnt seem to matter. What can I do?

Treatment of upper lip pigmentation melasma

+1

This is typically a condition known as melasma, which is regulated by hormones, sun exposure, genetics, and chronic inflammation. I commonly treat this condition with topical HRa. Some patients will require additional chemical peels to control melanocyte activity.

Often the best treatment for pigmentation problems is chemical peels

+1

Often the best treatment for pigmentation problems is chemical peels. There are many types of peels and the treament must be customized. Be sure to see a dermatologist who has a lot of experience in performing peels. He or she can also recommend the proper topical skin care program for you problem.

William P. Coleman III, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon