Hyperpigmentation As a Result of 20% Salicylic Acid Peel (Brown Skin)- What To Do To Improve? (photo)

I'm an indian male who used a 20% Salicylic Peel at home.Used it for a minute, then 4 days later for 5 minutes. Skin got better, but I now have serious hyperpigmentation on both my cheeks. Area w/ the HP is where the skin peeled.I saw my derm and she said it should take 4 weeks to heal and gave me 4% HQ. Should it be 1x or 2x/day? How bad does the burn look to you / what is reasonable healing time? What else can be done to speed up healing? I've been taking vitamin D supps, should I stop? Thanks

Hyperpigmentation As a Result of 20% Salicylic Acid Peel

+1

These home peels can often lead to hyperpigmentation. Fortunately, most often time and conservative treatment corrects the problem. I would add Retin A to the regimen strating once a day and graduating to twice a day after a week. You must use a sun block with either zinc and/or titanium also. If this fails, there are lasers that will help. The best to my knowledge is the Fraxel 1927 wave length., but you still must continue the hydroquinone, Retin-A, and sun block.  Good luck.

Savannah Plastic Surgeon