Is Hyperpigmentation Permanent After 2 Months of Fraxel Re:fine Caused by Non Compliance of Sunscreen?

Hi,I had my last treatment(total 3) of fraxel Refine in the month of sept. I maintained applying sunscreen for the next 2 months but i was non compliant after that. I developed some hyperpigmented spots on my face. Now 3 days back,i had my first fraxel Restore. Will fraxel Restore help me with the hyperpigmentation caused by non compliance of sunscreen after 2 months of fraxel Refine?This time i am applying kojic acid cream at night too. What other agents i can use for the same. Thank you.

#Fraxel and skin darkening

+2

the skin darkening after Fraxel laser treatment can last for a long time especially if its not resolved by two months. I would advice to seek help from your dermatologist to get ona  skin care regimen so that you can prevent this from happening in the future

Fraxel often very helpful for hyperpigmentation

+2

hyperpigmentation can be a pesky and persistent problem, but fraxel restore in my hands has frequently been very good at alleviating it. avoiding sun is essential in preventing recurrence;  kojic acid and hydroquinone have been helpful too.          

unfortunately, the problem will occasionally recur despite all the above. hope you won't be one of those.....  good luck!!!

.

Web reference: http://www.drbarach.com

Schenectady Plastic Surgeon