Hyperpigmentation Normal Post Fractional Co2 Laser?

I had fractional CO2 laser for my liposuction scars. It has been a little over 2 weeks since the treatment and areas are red/brown. Is this permanent hyper pigmentation? I have been using rosa mosqueta(rose hip oil) on the areas for cell regeneration. Can I start hydroquinone or is it too early? I am scared it is permanent and it looks worse than before treatment. i had this done out of state so its hard for me to go the same doctor. thank you in advance.

Melarase cream post co2 laser

+1

I recommend that patients start Melarase cream for at least 4 weeks after fractional co2 laser. If you have pigmentation, begin a twice daily course of Melarase. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Co2 lase and pigmentation

+1

Two weeks after laser resurfacing it is not infrequent to have some hyperpigmentation. This should settle down but can be helped along. In my practice we often use IPL (Intense Pulse Light) treatments to help get rid of this but also might put patients on a de pigmentation cream. Even if you are out of state you could send your surgeon a photo of the area so he knows how you are healing. He would be the best one to recommend a specific course of treatment for you.

William LoVerme, MD