Hyperpigmentation from Laser Hair Removal?

Im 20 year old male and i recently bought the silkn sensipil. Which is an at home do it yourself FDA approved laser hair removal device. I bought primarily for my chest. Ive been using it on other parts of my body with success so far however when i used it on my chest it left brown scar like squares all across my chest (possibly burns?) Will these fade away? Also am of brown complexion so my skin tone is darker but the skin color sensor on the device approves of my skin in the safe area.

Laser Hair Removal and Hyperpigmentation

+1

Thank you for your question. At home devices can be imperfect and are not the safest options for hair removal. I would recommend avoiding sun exposure to the chest due to an increased chance of prolonged pigmentation and burning . Also, make sure to apply sunscreen with zinc daily to avoid darkening of the pigmentation. I hope this helps!

Bay Area Dermatologist